About the Role
- 0.8 EFT, ongoing
- Based in Footscray
Scope as an Employer:
The successful candidate will enjoy a range of staff benefits, including flexibility to suit your work-life balance, eligible for Not for Profit ‘Salary Sacrificing’ benefits ($15,000+), access to professional support and development opportunities, plus the chance to lead a passionate and dedicated team.
cohealth’s Victims Assistance Program (VAP) offers specialist responses to victims of violent crime including intake and brief intervention, case management, (brokered) counselling services, and community education. Practice is evidence based, trauma-informed and client-focussed. VAP staff work across multiple locations and police colocations in Melbourne’s west: Sunshine, Melton and Werribee.
Our Community Education and Service Improvement Team Leader is responsible for:
- Providing day to day support, debriefing and secondary consultation to case managers at one or more nominated VAP sites
- Managing overarching arrangements for VAP brokered services with a particular focus on purchased counselling services
- Leading the design, implementation and review of VAP community education initiatives
- Contributing positively to the leadership and culture of the VAP program as a whole
- Contributing to VAP planning and developmental work including, from time to time, leading developmental projects
- Representing VAP in local forums and contributing to partnership efforts
- Building pathways and collegiate relationships between VAP and other cohealth services and professional practice groups
- Site management as required
We’re seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Team Leader with:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a service delivery area relevant to VAP or one or more of its functions (i.e. Intake, counselling, therapeutic work, legal, case management), eligibility for registration with the appropriate professional body
- Experience in leading a team who work with clients who have complex needs or who have experienced trauma and/or are victims of crime OR demonstrated leadership attributes in this area
- Demonstrated functional leadership experience
- Experience in systems design, analysis, project development and evaluation with a view to service improvement
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Track record in effective partnership management using collaborative approaches
- Demonstrated experience in evidence based practice delivery and continuous quality improvement initiatives
- Current drivers licence
We’re committed to high performance, engaging team culture and investing in our people enables a rewarding career with cohealth. If you have what we are looking for, do not delay – APPLY NOW.
About the Organisation
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
Apply for this Job
This position will be paid under the Community Health Centre (Stand Alone Services) Social and Community Service Employees Multi Enterprise Agreement 2013 - 2015, Social Worker, Class 4 (SCHADS Level 6 Pay Point 3)
You must include in your application a covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria contained within the attached Position Description, as well as your CV.
Applications close on 21st March
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services, some exemptions may apply.
Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and criminal record history check)
Please quote in application: Team Leader – VAP Community Education and Service Improvement via Pro Bono Australia.