About the Role
- Part-time (.6) FTE, fixed term role available until 30 June 2019 based in North Fitzroy (with opportunity for extension)
- Join a nationally recognised provider of mental health and disability services
- Be a part of a values based, progressive organization
- Access to ongoing support and training/developmental opportunities
- Attractive salary packaging benefits
About this opportunity
We have a rewarding and exciting opportunity to coordinate the Volunteers of the Prevention And Recovery Care (PARC) program in both North Fitzroy and South Yarra. PARC offers a unique opportunity for participants to work on their recovery journey and strengthen their role in the community by providing coordinated, recovery-oriented treatment and support.
The role of the Volunteers Supervisor is to oversee volunteers who have been recruited to primarily assist North Fitzroy PARC participants and their families with social inclusion and community connection activities, and also undertake the same role within South Yarra PARC, and Opening Doors. This include but is not limited to: recruiting volunteers, organizing relevant training for the volunteers, ongoing supervision/debriefing of the volunteers.
As the ideal candidate you will possess the following:
- A tertiary qualification in Social Science or a related discipline or relevant experience
- Demonstrated organisational and administrative skills
- An understanding and experience of mental health issues, rehabilitation practices and the impact of psychiatric disability on service users, their families, carers and communities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Current Driver’s Licence and Satisfactory Police Records Check and Working with Children Check, prior to commencement (or willing to obtain)
- An understanding of the social model of health and the connection to community development organisations
Wellways actively encourages those with a lived experience of mental health issues and recovery (as a consumer or carer) to apply for this position.
About the Organisation
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and
information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
Apply for this Job
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our Careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways). Key Selection Criteria is not compulsory however we require a cover letter which outlines your suitability based on key areas of the role.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Shaun Walsh - Manager, Volunteer Engagement on 03 8486 4204.
Applications close 23 March 2018, 10:00pm
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.
To apply for this job go to: http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 4043687.
Applications close 23 March 2018
Please quote in application: Volunteer Supervisor via Pro Bono Australia.