About the Role
• Be part of growing organisation that makes a difference
• Two opportunities – 1 Perm and 1 Max Term Contract
• Melbourne Location
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. We are now seeking two Family Partnerships Coordinators to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Team Leader Learning for Life and working with a dedicated and passionate team, these pivotal roles will help manage and deliver one of our most valuable programs – Learning for Life. The roles involve planning and implementing The Smith Family Scholarships and family support. You will maintain key relationships with a range of stakeholders, including families on the program, partner schools, community groups and volunteers. You will also be responsible for reporting and tracking the progress and attendance of the students, contributing to The Smith Family’s vision.
The Family Partnerships Coordinator role involves:
• Planning and implementing The Smith Family scholarships and family support
• Enhancing relationships with key people in schools to positively impact on attendance and school completion rates
• Contacting scholarship families to promote programs being delivered and inviting them to participate
• Working with students and families to maximise school attendance
• Ensuring excellent data management to support scholarship students
• Sourcing students and families for a media opportunity
It takes a special kind of person to be one of our Family Partnerships Coordinators. Our successful candidates will have the following:
• High level interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills (including computer literacy, data entry and time management)
• Proven experience in establishing and maintaining relevant partnerships
• Demonstrated experience in dealing with challenging situations and people
• Hold a current driver’s licence
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to delivery strong performance outcomes.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
“Please outline the skills, attributes and experience you have that would ensure your success in the Family Partnerships Coordinator role.”
To Brenton.Hancock@thesmithfamily.com.au. You may view the position description here.
For any other information, please contact Brenton Hancock on 0429 906 162.
Closing date: 27 April 2018
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children’s Check. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
Please quote in application: 2x Family Partnerships Coordinators via Pro Bono Australia.