About the Role
The role of the Philanthropy Executive – Major Gifts is an integral part of the RCH Foundation Individual Giving Team, securing significant philanthropic support to help the sick children and families that rely on the hospital. By researching, identifying, cultivating and securing individuals capable of donating $10,000 or more, you’ll play an important part in ensuring the hospital remains a world leading centre of paediatric excellence. You’ll also help individuals with a connection to the hospital find a meaningful way to support its life changing work and deepen their commitment to the RCH.
Why work at the RCH Foundation
- The opportunity to work in support of one of the world’s greatest children’s hospitals, alongside renowned medical minds
- The chance to join a fantastic and flexible team culture
- Access to outstanding facilities including several food and beverage options, a 24 hour gym, hairdresser, massage therapist and supermarket. We are also surrounded by the beautiful Royal Park and only a short tram trip to the Melbourne CBD
- Learning and career development opportunities to help you grow the role and take the next step in your career.
Key Selection Criteria
- Significant experience in major gifts fundraising
- Experience managing gifts higher than $10,000, in personal solicitations, portfolio management and the preparations of proposals and reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and demonstrated success in dealing with donors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with experience communicating to a diversity of audiences, including major donors, corporate representatives, senior staff, board members and volunteers
- High level of maturity and ability to exercise discretion in dealing with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality
- Demonstrated attention to detail, working under own initiative to strict deadlines, and managing accounts and projects simultaneously
- High level computer literacy and proficiency with fundraising programs and spreadsheets
- Commitment to the RCH Foundation’s values and a working style that reflects this demonstrated customer service focus
- Previous experience working in a major gifts role in the health or higher education sectors
- Demonstrated experience and success in six figure plus gift asks
- Recognised fundraising qualifications and a commitment to personal development
- Organisational awareness and stakeholder management expertise
- Demonstrated experience of managing and motivating staff and others, both internal and external
About the Organisation
The Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH) Foundation raises and manages donated funds for one of the world’s great children’s hospitals. As the fundraising arm of the RCH, the RCH Foundation also has the vital role of distributing these donated funds to the hospital in support of life saving care, innovative equipment and ground breaking research that’s changing the future of children’s health.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9345 5037
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Executive – Major Gifts via Pro Bono Australia.