About the Role
- Position: Full time position
- Location: Werribee
- Salary: $70,000-$80,000
This role will oversee and manage a small team of case managers in the Out Of Home Care Program based in Werribee. The Team Leader will be responsible for the delivery of the OOHC program supporting children and young people living in Kinship/Foster Care placements. You will be providing regular reflective supervision to the team of case workers, you will be a strong relational leader developing and supporting the OOHC team within a critical reflective team culture.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances Aboriginal peoples face
- At least 3 years’ experience working in the Victorian OOHC sector and or the Child Protection Field
- Tertiary qualifications In Human Services or a related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership and management, ability to use initiative, thinking laterally and strategically during times of pressure
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills: verbal, active listening, written with a variety of stakeholders within the community, including skills in negotiation
About the Organisation
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly over-represented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
If you like to be part of an Organization that strives in strengthening the safety and wellbeing and cultural connectedness of Aboriginal children, individuals and families in their community, we want to hear from you!
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader – Out of Home Care via Pro Bono Australia.