About the Role
The Program Manager contributes to access to justice for vulnerable people in Victoria’s law courts in the metropolitan Melbourne area. This position is essentially managing and developing the volunteer workforce and their practice as front-line court-based community services professionals and contributing to family violence support capability building in the Court Network workforce.
We currently have one full-time position and one 0.8EFT position available, initially for a 12-month contract with the option for on-going employment subject to funding.
The position is classified as Community Service Employee Level 7, Pay Point 1 under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010
Key Selection Criteria
The Program Manager will have a commitment to Court Network’s philosophy and work collaboratively to promote an atmosphere which is welcoming, non-judgmental and compassionate, as well as contribute to Court Network’s strategic priorities in the areas of family violence, victim support, and support for unrepresented litigants.
• Relevant tertiary qualifications in areas such as social sciences, justice, social work or community development, and experience in working in the community services sector
• An understanding of the issues and impacts of family violence
• Management experience in community services context including direct supervision of paid staff and/or volunteers.
• Experience in developing and supporting effective service delivery partnerships and collaborations
• Ability to work as part of a team, particularly with volunteers
• Highly developed interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
• Computer literacy in current applications and programs
• Current Victorian Drivers Licence
• A knowledge of relevant law, policy, programs and services related to Court Network services, particularly in the provision of support to people affected by family violence.
A full position description is available on Court Network’s website: http://www.courtnetwork.com.au/Vacancies.aspx
Please note: the successful applicant must be prepared to undertake a criminal history check including a Working with Children Check before commencement of employment.
About the Organisation
Court Network provides programs and services to members of the community to assist them in the process of accessing the legal system. Established in 1980, the agency operates on a state-wide basis providing court-based support, information and referral to members of the community in both the criminal and civil courts.
Court Network provides this service through the employment of both paid and unpaid staff, who are located in the Magistrates’, County, Supreme, Children’s, Coroners Courts and VCAT within Victoria. Court Network also operates in Queensland in Brisbane, Cairns and Townsville.
Court Network is committed to the promotion of knowledge about the legal system across the broader community, researching the issues affecting court users and promoting law reform.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : (03) 8306 6911
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Submit a short cover letter of no more than one page
2. Submit an application clearly outlining how your skills and experience meet the Key Selection Criteria for this role
3. Submit a CV that provides details of your previous work history and other relevant information, including at least two current professional referees
4. Applications close: 9am Thursday June 28, 2018
5. Apply by email to: email@example.com, using the subject line: Program Manager application
If you have any questions about this position, please call the Victorian State Manager Rachael Pallenberg on 8306 6911 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: 2 x Court Network – Program Manager 1 x Full time 1 x 0.8EFT via Pro Bono Australia.