About the role
- Newly created Foundation supporting Australia’s most vibrant Catholic diocese
- Raise significant funds from major donors and drive best practise fundraising
- Parramatta based with attractive salary package
Supporting the priorities of the Foundation you will continue the roll-out of the five year best practise philanthropy and development strategy, designed to fully engage the diocese community in a fundraising program that sustains the parishes and extends the church’s mission.
You will lead the Diocese and its many communities through meaningful engagement, inspiring current and prospective donors to increased and sustained levels of giving, raising the Diocese’ profile further facilitating increased levels of community involvement and investment.
The overarching aims of the strategy are to:
- Raise major gifts, philanthropic funds and bequests for diocesan ministries and works
- Continue the development of the annual campaign including regular giving and help the parishes become more fundraising effective
- Institute the governance and management frameworks that support best practice in charitable giving, fund management and impact reporting
- Implement the infrastructure required for developing sustained annual stewardship and support
This role would be suited to a candidate with experience raising significant funds in a large, complex organisation either through philanthropic fundraising or relationship based sales. You will be experienced in having purposeful conversations with a wide range of people that leads to securing major gifts/significant revenue.
The key to your success in this role will be:
- Your proven experience managing major donor giving / client relationships from end to end, including initial engagement, closing and ongoing stewardship
- High emotional intelligence with a genuine communication style that engages a wide range of people
- Excellent attention to detail with a methodical approach and the ability to deliver on tasks
- Understanding and demonstrated experience in navigating large scale and highly complex environments
- Your experience as a senior executive who is able to mentor and guide less experienced team members
- The ability to work in alignment with the values of the Catholic Church and its traditions
About the organisation
Western Sydney is known as Australia’s most culturally diverse region, home to residents from 140 countries as well as the largest urban population of First Australians and significant post WWII migrant communities. Growth over the last 30 years has been driven by refugees and economic migrants from across Asia, India, Africa and South America.
The region is marked by extreme disadvantage but with the growth of economic hubs there is also an emerging wealth. It is within this dynamic that the Diocese of Parramatta was created in 1989 to serve the faithful and provide ministry to those in need.
The Catholic Diocese of Parramatta is made up of 322,000 Catholics (from a population of 1.2m), 48 parishes, 83 schools, 45,000 students, and 12 agencies and ministries including the Holy Spirit Seminary, CatholicCare, the Institute of Mission and the Diocesan Development Fund.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Head of Parramatta Catholic Foundation & Development via Pro Bono Australia.