About the role
Project Officer Position Description
The purpose of the Project Officer position is to:
• Act as Kidsafe’s public interface for responding to enquiries and providing resources as
• Provide project and administrative support to ensure projects and the office run smoothly.
• Enhance the promotion and reach of Kidsafe’s campaigns and programs
• Assist with sourcing sponsorship funding to assist with the sustainability of Kidsafe’s
campaigns and programs
• Assist with the implementation of Kidsafe’s social media strategy
This position reports to the CEO of Kidsafe Victoria.
Key working relationships
• General Manager
• Staff and contractors at Kidsafe Victoria
• External customers and stakeholders
This position will be filled as a 0.8 full time equivalent position. The position will commence on an initial 12 month contract with a 4 month probation period. Kidsafe is a family friendly organisation and has some flexibility in terms of the timing of these hours, within the hours of 8 to 6.
The position will be located at Kidsafe Victoria’s office at Monash Children’s Hospital in Clayton.
The salary will be equivalent to approximately $55k pro rata + super.
Tools and equipment
• Office Equipment
• Office Telephone
• Receive and respond to phone and email enquiries received from members of the public
• Fill resource orders and assist with booking system for outreach program
• Draft and administer website updates and social media posts as required
• Enter program and evaluation data as required
• Draft grant applications and reports under the guidance of the General Manager
• Draft and review articles, fact sheets and media releases as required
• Assist with project implementation as required
• Assist with the implementation of strategies to promote and market Kidsafe’s campaigns and programs.
• Record all required submissions (e.g. standards, RIS, other) and correspondence logs
• Attend meetings and provide administrative support for relevant Sub Committees
• Assist with the development of sponsorship materials for Kidsafe’s programs and resources
• Assist with the development of targeted corporate partnerships
• Maintain Kidsafe media contacts and coverage databases
Experience and skills
• Tertiary qualifications or experiential equivalent in health/ marketing/ corporate social responsibility or other related discipline
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent organisational, administrative and time management skills
• High levels of written communication skills, including drafting of reports
• Ability to use own initiative and work as part of a small team
• Ability to draft promotional and marketing plans
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Flexible, adaptable and open to new ideas and priorities
• Social media experience
Appointment to this position is subject to:
• A satisfactory ‘Working with Children Check’ under the Working with Children Act 2005 (Vic)
• A satisfactory Police Check
• Proof of current whooping cough vaccination prior to commencement
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Officer via Pro Bono Australia.