About the Role
Project Officer Position Description
The purpose of the Project Officer position is to:
• Act as Kidsafe’s public interface for responding to enquiries and providing resources as
• Provide project and administrative support to ensure projects and the office run smoothly.
• Enhance the promotion and reach of Kidsafe’s campaigns and programs
• Assist with sourcing sponsorship funding to assist with the sustainability of Kidsafe’s
campaigns and programs
• Assist with the implementation of Kidsafe’s social media strategy
This position reports to the CEO of Kidsafe Victoria.
Key working relationships
• General Manager
• Staff and contractors at Kidsafe Victoria
• External customers and stakeholders
This position will be filled as a 0.8 full time equivalent position. The position will commence on an initial 12 month contract with a 4 month probation period. Kidsafe is a family friendly organisation and has some flexibility in terms of the timing of these hours, within the hours of 8 to 6.
The position will be located at Kidsafe Victoria’s office at Monash Children’s Hospital in Clayton.
The salary will be equivalent to approximately $55k pro rata + super.
Tools and equipment
• Office Equipment
• Office Telephone
• Receive and respond to phone and email enquiries received from members of the public
• Fill resource orders and assist with booking system for outreach program
• Draft and administer website updates and social media posts as required
• Enter program and evaluation data as required
• Draft grant applications and reports under the guidance of the General Manager
• Draft and review articles, fact sheets and media releases as required
• Assist with project implementation as required
• Assist with the implementation of strategies to promote and market Kidsafe’s campaigns and programs.
• Record all required submissions (e.g. standards, RIS, other) and correspondence logs
• Attend meetings and provide administrative support for relevant Sub Committees
• Assist with the development of sponsorship materials for Kidsafe’s programs and resources
• Assist with the development of targeted corporate partnerships
• Maintain Kidsafe media contacts and coverage databases
Experience and skills
• Tertiary qualifications or experiential equivalent in health/ marketing/ corporate social responsibility or other related discipline
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent organisational, administrative and time management skills
• High levels of written communication skills, including drafting of reports
• Ability to use own initiative and work as part of a small team
• Ability to draft promotional and marketing plans
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Flexible, adaptable and open to new ideas and priorities
• Social media experience
Appointment to this position is subject to:
• A satisfactory ‘Working with Children Check’ under the Working with Children Act 2005 (Vic)
• A satisfactory Police Check
• Proof of current whooping cough vaccination prior to commencement
About the Organisation
Kidsafe operates at national, state and regional levels in cooperation with a variety of stakeholders including government, industry, schools, hospitals, the media, community groups, voluntary organisations and individuals.
Since Kidsafe's establishment, the number of children in Australia killed by unintentional injury has been halved. This has been achieved through collaboration with others to provide injury prevention programs, media campaigns and educational resources. These have led to increased awareness of child safety issues and injury prevention throughout the community. To date, a great deal has been achieved in preventing unintentional injuries to children – however, there is still much to be done. Kidsafe and the community must continue their efforts to save the lives of Victorian children.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0390362306
Email : email@example.com
Submissions will close on May 25th or when the position is filled.
Please quote in application: Project Officer via Pro Bono Australia.