About the Role
- Full Time Position
- Morwell Office
This position will provide leadership, direction and support to Early Intervention Programs. These include Aboriginal Cradle to Kinder program, Koori Families – First Educators program, Kids Connect program & Tuning into Kids Program. These programs support vulnerable Aboriginal children and families.
The positions will also provide staff with regular professional supervision and appropriate development and training opportunities to provide a quality service.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity
of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- A sophisticated understanding of the child and family welfare legislative and policy context, theories of attachment, trauma and child development as well as relevant risk assessment frameworks, service responses and interventions in working with vulnerable families.
- Highly developed organizational skills, interpersonal, written and communications skills including the capacity to negotiate and work effectively with a range of individuals and agencies to ensure program objectives are achieved.
- Ability to supervise and support staff
About the Organisation
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly overrepresented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
If you like to be part of an Organization that strives in strengthening the safety and wellbeing and cultural connectedness of Aboriginal children, individuals and families in their community, we want to hear from you.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader- Early Intervention via Pro Bono Australia.