About the Role
This position is a part time position (2 days per week – days and times negotiable) will be responsible for Participate Australia’s quality assurance, compliance and WHS matters, including reviewing current processes and procedures, workplace inspections, activity risk assessments, task assessments as well as implementing new measures and initiatives.
Reporting into the Manager, Corporate Services the successful candidate will have the opportunity to do these things whilst being supported by other members of Participate Australia. The Coordinator, Quality Assurance, Compliance & WHS is expected to maintain a current understanding and knowledge of work, health and safety legislation and compliance requirements within the disability sector.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and dedicated individual who is committed to supporting people with a disability, who can demonstrate a high level of organisational and time management skills and who understands and embraces the significant sector reforms that are underway. Applicants must be highly motivated, energetic and committed to providing the highest quality of care and support to people with a disability.
• professional qualifications in a related discipline or have at least twelve months experience in a generalist Quality Assurance, Compliance or WHS position;
• excellent communication skills (written, verbal, listening, presentation and negotiation) and an ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people;
• an ability to deliver results to agreed timetables;
• flexible attitude to working hours (adhoc weekend work required);
• familiarity with a range of computer applications;
• strong and versatile problem solving abilities;
• proven ability to effectively manage relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders;
• hold a strong commitment to enhancing the lives of people with disabilities and their families;
• willingness to undertake continuing professional development, as appropriate, and
• respect and value the inherent worth of Participate Australia participants and their families, as well as staff and volunteers, based upon the principles of trust, fairness, equality and ethics.
• Available for adhoc weekend or after hours work.
• current NSW driver’s licence;
• understanding of the issues facing the disability sector.
A generous salary packaging option can be offer as a part of the total remuneration.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.
About the Organisation
We believe that 'participation' is fundamental to a contemporary discourse about disability. It appears 26 times in one way or another in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, which seeks to achieve full participation in society of people living with disability. We are committed to playing our part in supporting people with disabilities to achieve this goal.
Participate Australia makes a difference in the lives of people with disabilities by respecting their dignity, autonomy, freedom of choice and independence, and by supporting the achievement of their goals.
We strive for a community that respects human dignity and freedom and the personal identities of children, women and men; is non-discriminatory and affirms equality while valuing difference, and sustains full and effective participation and inclusion by ensuring equal opportunity and accessibility.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0297975304
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Coordinator, Quality Assurance, Compliance & WHS via Pro Bono Australia.