About the Role
If you are passionate about making a positive difference to people’s lives, love working in a team environment, have experience in the disability or health sector and would like the security of a permanent role – this is the role for you.
This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated person to be part of an experienced and dedicated Team based in the Blackburn office (soon to be Box Hill). This is a unique opportunity to be part of a program that provides high quality, initial contact for people affected by multiple sclerosis and other neurological conditions.
You will be responsible for:
• Establishing an understanding of the needs of the person with multiple sclerosis &/or people
involved in their care.
• Providing support and up to date information about multiple sclerosis.
• Assisting people with multiple sclerosis to navigate the service system and supporting referrals to
relevant services, both internal and external.
• Responding to phone, email and web enquires.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who has:
• Relevant qualifications; minimum Cert IV level in Allied Health, Social Sciences, Health Sciences, Disability Services or related field.
• Customer service and relationship management experience.
• Demonstrated understanding of person centred practice.
• Ability to network and develop effective working relationships.
• High level written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work co-operatively in a small team environment and independently.
• Computer Literacy in using a range of Office computer packages.
• Understanding of the Disability and other key legislative reforms.
The role is full time or .8 EFT and is permanent MS offers a competitive salary which will include the tax free salary packaging options that are offered within the NFP industry. MS employees can also access a corporate health insurance plan and in recognition of their commitment to providing a service of excellence, are given the day off for their birthday each year. This is a great opportunity for you to work within a high profile and highly respected organisation and to make a difference for people living with Multiple Sclerosis and their carers/families.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a National Police Check, possibly an International Police Check, Working with Children Check and a Working with Vulnerable People Check.
Please note: From 1 November 2017, there is a requirement for all workers within a disability services organisation in Victoria to be screened against the Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) List. A notification may also be made to the DWES unit should it be determined through other safety screening processes, such as a police check, that a person may fall within DWES criteria. For further information, please see www.dhs.vic.gov.au/disability-worker-exclusion-scheme.
MSL is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with a lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Complete Recruitment Matters
Phone : 0392499650
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Gateway & Information Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.