About the Role
- An opportunity to make a real difference
- Permanent, full time opportunity
- $62,900 – $65,484 (dependent on experience & super & salary packaging)
- Flexible, supportive team environment with additional wellbeing leave
- Ideal St. Kilda location
The Housing Worker, Mental Health Pathways Program works in collaboration with the Alfred In-Patient Unit (IPU) social workers and Allied Health team. Their role is to engage with people who are current inpatients on the wards who have a history of homelessness or are at risk of homelessness and work with them and them and hospital staff to plan for their discharge.
The aim of the Housing Mental Health Pathways Program is to seek to prevent people being discharged from inpatient Acute Mental Health services into homelessness. This program is a partnership between Launch Housing and the acute mental health program at the Alfred Hospital.
To be successful in this role you will need;
- Extensive experience working in the housing and homelessness sector
- Experience in working collaboratively with other organisations to achieve positive client outcomes
- A passion for social justice and inclusion
- Experience advocating for clients to with a range of key stakeholders
- exposure to clients with complex needs and/or mental health issues would be an advantage
- A current drivers licence
If successful in the role you will have the opportunity to make a real difference in people’s lives and well as opportunities for career development in a flexibility, supportive environment.
About the Organisation
In 2015 HomeGround and Hanover merged to form a new agency, Launch Housing. Launch Housing is a strong, single, focused voice on homelessness driven by the values of Empowerment, Fresh Thinking, Agility, Leadership and Courage. We have an ambitious agenda to achieve our vision of ending homelessness. Our employees are critical to helping us achieve this vision, with over 400 employees based in 14 locations across Melbourne.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Housing Worker (Mental Health Pathways Program) via Pro Bono Australia.