About the Role
- Part time 0.4EFT, ongoing
- Keep your work-life balance in check with the flexibility of part-time hours
- Generous salary packaging options which can significantly increase the value of your take-home pay
- Based in Deer Park
People with lived experience of Mental Illness and recovery are encouraged to apply
Benefits & Culture:
At cohealth we believe in developing our people to assist in driving continuous improvement. At the same time, we are dedicated to creating a working culture where staff members can flourish. We work hard to ensure that all our positions are challenging and fulfilling, where you can utilise and further develop your skills and knowledge to truly make a difference.
Our PARC programs are responsible for 10 beds per site and offer 24 hour a day supervised care, complemented by on site clinical supports and treatment. We provide a safe and supportive environment to people who, while no longer needing hospital care for mental illness, need temporary support to help them prepare to continue their lives within their homes and communities. The average stay is approximately 20 days up to a maximum stay of 28 days.
As our Peer Worker you’ll be responsible for providing support services in partnership with clients, carers and the community to maximise health and wellbeing and social inclusion for those living with a mental illness. This role is pivotal in assisting people to participate in initiatives and programs and build capacity for people to achieve their identified goals and be independent;
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Induction and orientation of new clients to PARC Program;
- Supporting clients through assisted referral process and linking to other services;
- Supporting clients with access to community resources and peer leadership initiatives;
- Assisting in the development and implementation of client-directed, strengths-based client care plan and exit planning; and
- Participating in the design, development and facilitation of self-management and social groups.
Are you passionate about making a real difference? Join our dedicated team and enjoy the challenges and rewards.
About the Organisation
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Peer Worker – PARC via Pro Bono Australia.