About the Role
You will provide high level support to our CEO who has a national and international profile, having built a global reputation as a sustainability advocate and change agent in the property industry.
Our CEO has been awarded many accolades recognising her reach and influence as a leader. These include being selected as one of the 100 Women of Influence by the Australian Financial Review, the National and NSW winner of the Telstra Business Women’s Awards and the prestigious WorldGBC Chairman’s Award in 2017.
In light of our CEO’s high profile position, you must be able to operate at an executive level, representing not only the GBCA brand but the personal brand of our CEO. You will hit the ground running and engrain yourself into the business, quickly bringing yourself up to speed with GBCA knowledge that will see you guide and support our CEO through her varied duties. You must be able to work independently and understand the importance of building positive and collaborative business relationships with a range of stakeholders. This role will also see you faced with sensitive information therefore you are required to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
This is a challenging but rewarding role for an energetic senior EA ready to turn their hand to any task that comes their way. In return you will enjoy a fulfilling career in being the driving force behind our CEO to deliver on the GBCA’s purpose.
This is a full-time role based in our Sydney headquarters.
- Extensive diary management
- Organise travel, accommodation and collate travel schedule
- Prepare internal and external PowerPoint presentations requiring research to source information, statistics and quotes
- Draft correspondence, emails, board reports and minute taking
- Coordinate media and speaking engagements and collate briefing/speech notes
- Work closely with the Company Secretary EA to liaise with the GBCA Board and their assistants
- Provide relief switchboard support
Your skills and experience
- 8 + years’ experience as an Executive Assistant role at senior executive level.
- Understanding of protocols and administrative practices to support at an executive level.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with minute taking for senior level meetings.
- Ability to work as part of a team and be effective with limited supervision
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Join a motivated and committed team who are passionate about creating healthy, positive places for everyone. By joining the GBCA team you can expect a fulfilling and rewarding career helping to build a sustainable future. The GBCA offers a creative and visionary environment and culture that will support you to learn and develop in your chosen career.
- Mentoring Program and Educational Assistance Program
- Employee of the Quarter (GBCA Star Award)
- Flexible Working Arrangements, Activity Based Working with Sit to Stand desks
- Complementary Fruit and Snacks and quarterly staff lunches
About the Organisation
The Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) was established in 2002 and is the nation’s authority on sustainable buildings and communities. Our purpose is to lead the sustainable transformation of Australia’s built environment. We employ over 40 staff and our national office is based in the 6 Star Green Star rated Barangaroo precinct in Sydney; but our flexible team works across Australia. For more information on how the GBCA is transforming the built environment please refer to our website www.gbca.org.au.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0282396200
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Executive Assistant to CEO via Pro Bono Australia.