About the Role
The Philanthropy Manager is responsible for facilitating and assisting innovative program development alongside the programs and digital education staff. This role will also undertake a portfolio of sector prospecting, relationship development and funding propositions and will work to identify, research, engage, submit, report on and acquit allocated potential and existing philanthropic funding accounts.
As the key role responsible for developing and maintaining Philanthropic relationships, the Philanthropy Manager also researches and reviews best practice philanthropic partnerships and advises The Song room on key trends, research and organisations influencing the Philanthropic sector in Australia.
Required skills, experience and qualifications:
- Meeting fundraising targets from philanthropic organisations
- Demonstrated fundraising and partnership management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of and/or connections to Australian Trusts, Foundations and Private Ancillary Funds
- Identifying funding priorities across a range of program opportunities with a view to developing fundable projects
- Strong stakeholder relationship management skills
- Producing high quality, timely reports and acquittals
- Experience in working with and exceeding financial targets
- Effectively using a CRM database
- Strong financial reporting skills
- Working effectively, and often unsupervised in a fast-paced, busy team environment
- High-level planning and time management skills
- Ability to work to multiple projects and deadlines
- Completion of a degree or higher qualification in a relevant area with at least three-five years senior fundraising experience. Formal fundraising and management qualifications are highly desirable
- A current Working with Children’s Check is required for this position
- One or a combination of the following will be highly regarded:
- Experience in the management of fundraising programs in the not-for-profit sector, particularly in relation to seeking funding for Arts, Education, or Community development programs
- Knowledge of, and experience in, working in the community, education, and/or arts sector
To download the full position description visit www.songroom.org.au/about/employment
About the Organisation
Our programs deliver greater learning and social outcomes and are instrumental in transforming the education standards of Australian children in disadvantaged communities.
Our vision is for all Australian children to have the opportunity to participate in music and the arts to enhance their education, personal development and community involvement.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9521 3990
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Manager via Pro Bono Australia.