About the Role
- 12 Month contract role based in Ashfield
- ADO every fortnight
- Excellent benefits including salary packaging options
The Programs Research Officer will work primarily with service delivery areas and also liaise with the Communications Team to enhance the use of program evidence to inform internal and external stakeholders, support advocacy and contribute to policy submissions. This role will contribute to improved extraction, stronger data analysis, and clearer reporting and communication of program data in ways that audiences can quickly understand. Duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Lead work with program leaders to extract, analyse and report on key indicators of existing program data to internal and relevant external stakeholders
- Develop briefs and summaries that visualise and communicate program data in ways that are succinct and that audiences can readily understand
- Work with program leaders and external researchers to extract data which can be analysed by external researchers to further the evidence base for service improvements
- Assist in the collation of internal data for use in policy submissions in response to inquiries and other policy development processes
- Demonstrated experience in carrying out quantitative research including analysing and synthesising quantitative data
- Demonstrated experience in extracting and collating data from electronic databases in a human services/program area
- Excellent written communication skills including developing clear and concise reports and briefs for a range of audiences
- Experience in collaborating with a range of stakeholders to achieve and deliver a project plan
- A capacity to use Excel and other software to present data in ways that are visually appealing, clear and succinct
- Knowledge, skills and abilities in progressing research initiatives, ideally involving quantitative and qualitative research methods
Please respond to the “Selection Criteria” section in your cover letter.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes a fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) for full time staff, flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
SSI is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island heritage and people with lived experience of disability.
We strongly believe in protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and vulnerable communities and take child protection very seriously. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
About the Organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a leading community-based not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services in the areas of refugee settlement, asylum seeker assistance, housing, multicultural foster care, disability support and employment services in NSW. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Program Research Officer via Pro Bono Australia.