About the Role
- Progressive peak community health association
- Help shape the future of the alcohol, tobacco & other drug sector
- 12-month fixed term contract, Ainslie location, free parking available
Together with the lead Researcher, you will work collaboratively on a variety of research and evaluation projects which include:
- Examining workforce capacity and informing planning for specialist AOD services
- Collaboratively implementing a survey with specialist AOD services to better understand service users satisfaction and outcomes
- Analysing smoking cessation and treatment data
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative data analysis and interpretation
- Managing and coordinating data collection and data sets including coding, cleansing and data entry
- Assisting in writing and communicating research findings and tailoring to a variety of audiences
- Eliciting the participation of specialist alcohol and other drug services to collect survey data
You have completed (or are working towards) a post graduate degree in health-related social science, public health or similar field.
To be successful in this position, you will have demonstrated experience conducting high level research and evaluation specifically for the purposes of advocacy, social change, campaigning or academia. Candidates who have experience working in the alcohol, tobacco and other drug related sector will be highly regarded. You can demonstrate:
- High level written communication and are able to share examples of academic-quality pieces of work
- Expertise in data collection, analysis of quantitative data and database set up
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to participate in complex team discussion
- Ability to confidently complete tasks unsupervised, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
About the Organisation
The Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Association ACT (ATODA) is the peak body representing and supporting the non-government and government alcohol, tobacco and other drug (ATOD) sector in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). ATODA’s vision is an ACT community with the lowest possible levels of ATOD related harm, as a result of evidence-informed prevention, treatment and harm reduction policies and services.
Benefits & Culture
- Salary packaging and leave loading
- Additional end of year leave provision plus birthday leave
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible work practices
- Collegiate and engaging team environment
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Research Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.