About the Role
- 0.8FT to December 31st with possibility of extension
- Springvale and Dandenong Location
Supporting refugees to resettle in Australia and providing holistic case management services. This role will develop and facilitate community development activities for newly arrived refugee individuals, families and communities. This role will supervise students and volunteers.
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated professional experience in a similar role.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with a diverse range of people and professionals.
- Strong commitment to engaging in significant capability development in line with SECL’s Capability Framework and strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated professional experience, training and skills in the provision of supportive and empowering front line client services.
- Contemporary knowledge of community development principles and approaches.
- Commitment to working with individual clients, families and communities to achieve social and economic inclusion.
- Commitment to supporting students and volunteers in their front line service delivery work.
- Demonstrated experience, skills and knowledge working with culturally diverse communities and individuals.
- Satisfactory completion of a National Police check, and Working with Children check, and a current Victorian Drivers License.
A relevant tertiary qualification, or extensive relevant experience, is required for this role preferably in the field of social sciences, youth work, community services or community development.
Other relevant Information
- Attractive Salary Packaging options available
- A probationary period of six months may apply to this position.
- This position is supported by the SCHADS Award.
- The incumbent will be required to support SECL policies and procedures.
- A current drivers license is essential
About the Organisation
South East Community Links (SECL) was established in late 2015 following a merge of Springvale Community Aid and Advice Bureau (SCAAB), Dandenong Community Advisory Bureau (DCAB) and Southern Ethnic Advocacy and Advisory Council (SEAAC). SECL is the culmination of five decades of history and commitment, working across the south east of Melbourne to achieve better social and economic outcomes for people in our community.
A universal service provider, SECL delivers a wide range of assistance to meet the needs of clients in our community including emergency relief, casework, community development, housing support, youth and family support services, financial counselling, resettlement services for refugees and asylum seekers, financial capability assistance and volunteer programs. We work with individuals, communities, policy makers and business to ensure every person counts and every system fair.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Resettlement Caseworker and Community Development Worker via Pro Bono Australia.