About the Role
Wanted: three bold, ‘blue skies thinkers’ to commit their generalist & explicit skills to a thriving, team-driven, client-centred service organisation.
- You need Board experience, deep engagement + unwavering commitment
- You’re obliged to attend 6 scheduled meeting annually & collaborate freely as needed
- Paid Board position
The leading provider in Queensland of services and information to the Deaf community, this impressive organisation has moved over time from a modest start to become as modern as tomorrow.
Contemporary and pro-active in integrating futures thinking and exploiting the potential of IT to enable revolutionary creative change, this vital non-profit now invites applications from high-energy individuals to join its Board of Governance.
It’s expected that all candidates will be experienced Board Members who have also achieved notable success in their respective fields. So, generally speaking, we’re looking for vibrant, high-achieving individuals who love what they do and take each new day as an opportunity to shine!
You also need to be an unequivocal team player. Engaging unconditionally in this role for the length of your appointment, you will gladly dedicate your time, energy, curiosity, skills, creativity, contacts and personal brand to be part of a force with the power to change lives.
As a proven tactician and superb communicator, who is financially and managerially strong and entrepreneurially focused, you’re required to also bring some of the following explicit skills, attributes and experience.
- Appropriate qualifications
- An historical connection to community – ideally in the disability space – perhaps with a NDIS focus
- A high degree of emotional wisdom and lifelong commitment to social equality
- Broad public policy experience at a high level
- Advanced understanding of cyber security and digital disruption.
- An appreciation/understanding of how ‘science-fiction’ technology can empower an organisation right here, right now
- A proven record as a ‘blues skies’ thinker, innovator, inventor and/or driver of technological change
- Strong experience in the gaming sector or with large scale lottery management and marketing
- A reputation as a canny but respectful analyst, with the knack of asking all the right penetrating questions that keep a business enabled and on track
- A genuine enthusiasm for the aims and achievements of the Board, management, staff, volunteers and clients of this organisation.
Remember, you don’t need to be all of these things. Probably no-one is. But skills and experience in those areas will help balance the Board and therefore are eagerly sought, in whatever combination they might appear.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
If this sounds like you, please forward your cover letter and resume in WORD format quoting reference number NMBMNB-Pro to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Nicola Manson or Dylys Bertelsen on 07 3211 0001.
Please quote in application: BOARD MEMBERS – NONPROFIT – BRISBANE via Pro Bono Australia.