About the Role
- 1EFT + ADO, fixed term until 30th June 2019
- Based in Kensington
- Generous Not for Profit salary packaging options, which can significantly increase the value of take-home pay
Do you possess a qualification in Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Welfare Work, Psychology, Community Development, equivalent/relevant training or commensurate experience? If so, you’re the individual we’re searching for!
Operating within this dynamic space, focusing on successfully transitioning clients into the National Disability Insurance Scheme. The successful applicant will be responsible for working with clients to develop care plans and completing evaluation tools which will assist them to maximise their supports in the new mental health world.
Benefits & Culture
We believe in developing our people, to assist in driving continuous improvement within the organisation. At the same time, we’re dedicated to creating a working culture where staff members can flourish. We work hard to ensure that all our positions are challenging and rewarding, where you can utilise and further develop your skills to truly make a difference.
About the role
At cohealth we provide a service that aims to enhance quality of life, build life skills and ensure access to both community mental health and broader health and community services. With a focus on client service delivery through facilitative and direct care engagement using Collaborative Recovery Model and Recovery Star tools, underpinned by the principles of trauma informed care, family centred practice and culturally appropriate practice.
Workers employ a flexible, individualised approach, working in consultation with clients to assess needs and develop a range of client directed goals. Care plans and activities offered promote choice, acknowledge individual strengths and facilitate inclusion within the community.
You possess well-developed communication skills you liaise comfortably with a range of internal and external stakeholders. You are an apt problem solver, capable of troubleshooting on your feet. To be suitable for this position, you will possess;
- A sound understanding of the key issues affecting people with multiple and complex needs including mental illness, alcohol and other drug issues, housing insecurity, health and safety issues and social connection;
- Professional and respectful, with the ability to work as part of a team and autonomously;
- Culturally and linguistically diverse focus – this is sensitivity to, and understanding of, the needs of clients from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds as well as people of different gender and ages;
- Appropriate IT skills and experience with electronic client-management systems; and
- A Hold a current driver’s license.
If you have the passion, dedication and drive to make a difference in achieving high quality care with demonstrated success in working with clients with complex psychosocial issues then capitalise on this great opportunity, apply today!
About the Organisation
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Mental Health Worker via Pro Bono Australia.