About the Role
You will undertake policy work to ensure consumer communications issues are advanced. Your knowledge of communications in particular accessibility issues as well as excellent analytical and stakeholder liaison skills will be the key to your success in this role. Your capacity for strategic issues management will ensure that ACCAN is dynamic and responsive to emerging issues. You are committed to disability rights and have a passion for social justice and fair markets. A background in service provision for people with disabilities would be highly desirable.
You should have relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in a communications policy role.
Essential Skills for position:
• A sound grasp of disability policy issues in the communications industry or the capacity to quickly acquire this knowledge
• A commitment to the effective representation of consumers with disabilities
• Demonstrated understanding of the needs of people with disabilities
• Knowledge of public policy and industry self-regulation processes
• Highly developed oral and written communication skills
• Good analytical and research skills
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and lead projects
• Capacity to work independently with minimal supervision
• Proficiency in information and communications technology
Desired Skills for position:
• Academic background in public policy
• Ability to create plain language and easy English documents
• An understanding of Australian Consumer Law and consumer rights
• Knowledge of and experience of working in the community sector
• Ability to produce accessible documents
Benefits & Remuneration:
Salary is negotiable depending on your experience and qualifications. Please contact ACCAN Director of Inclusion for more details. In support of a work/life balance, benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
A position description, including selection criteria, can be obtained from our website at www.accan.org.au/jobs
ACCAN is an EEO employer: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, persons with disabilities and people from culturally, linguistically and religiously diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02-9288-4000
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Disability Policy Officer (Full-time, 2 year contract) via Pro Bono Australia.