About the Role
Support Facilitator – Partners In Recovery
Wonthaggi and Yarram
- Be part of a large, recognised provider of mental health and psychosocial disability services across Victoria, the ACT, Tasmania, Queensland and New South Wales
- Full time (fixed term until 30th June 2019), based in Wonthaggi and Yarram
- Excellent salary and salary packaging benefits available
Partners in Recovery (PIR) is a collaborative initiative that is funded by the Commonwealth Department of Health. The Gippsland PHN is the Lead Agency for the program and has funded Wellways Australia to deliver services in the Gippsland region, based in Warragul and Wonthaggi.
PIR aims to support people with a severe and persistent mental illness who have multiple and complex needs, to access multiple services and supports to assist in their Recovery and address their health and wellbeing needs. PIR focuses on a care coordination approach, with inclusive care planning to ensure the best Recovery outcomes.
Skills and Qualifications:
As the ideal candidate, you will possess the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in social science or similar discipline
- Knowledge and understanding of working within the principles of recovery orientated mental health practice
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to build strong relationships with a broad range of services in the community that support PIR participants
- Ability to assess the needs of PIR participants which may involve reviewing previous assessments and the engagement of appropriate specialists, family and carers to determine a participant’s support needs
- Ability to develop PIR Action Plans with participants, which engage and foster relationships with a full range of services and supports to ensure a comprehensive and coordinated response to improve individual recovery and quality of life
- Demonstrated capacity to work both autonomously and as an active member of the program team to ensure the achievement of program goals and the application of best practice frameworks.
- Participate in developing best practice approaches through partnerships with other Support Facilitators
- Engage with PIR clients to support and facilitate their transition to the NDIS, or appropriate alternative supports
- Satisfactory Police Records Check and Working with Children Check, prior to commencement
About the Organisation
Wellways is a nationally recognized provider of mental health, disability services and a registered NDIS service provider. We work with individuals, their families and friends to improve their wellbeing and to gain inclusion into communities, providing support through recovery, education and advocacy programs, and provide a range of innovative rehabilitation models. We are a growing organization, currently employing over 900 staff across multiple sites within VIC, TAS, NSW, QLD and the ACT.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Support Facilitator – Partners in Recovery via Pro Bono Australia.