About the role
- Are you looking for a meaningful new role?
- Do you have a strong belief in humanity and the basic right to a second chance?
- Want to work for a really interesting and focused Not For Profit (NFP) organization?
If you answered ‘yes’ to those questions, then read on! We are looking for an experienced Team Leader for our Transition, Reintegration, and Community Connection (OnTRACC) Program. You will provide leadership to a team of Caseworkers delivering pre and post release support to Medium to High risk parolees transitioning from custody to the community.
Here’s a little bit about ACSO The Australian Community Support Organisation (ACSO) is a dynamic, values driven NFP, focused on partnering with Government and the community to co-design services that create real social change. We’re an organisation with a bold vision to create a safe and inclusive community freed of crime and prisons. It’s our goal to reduce re-offending and our mission is to help people transition from prison, assist them in the community, stop them from re-offending, and intervene to divert others from committing crime.
About the Program Our unique new program is the first of its kind in Australia and has been operating since 2016. It is an innovative partnership between our commercial investor NAB, ACSO and NSW Government to take a new approach to addressing persistent challenges in the justice system. The investment will support OnTRACC to work with parolees to prevent reoffending and re-incarceration. Read more about the program here. From our recent employee engagement survey, our OnTRACC team’s engagement level is 80%. This is something we are really proud of.
About the role Success as a Team Leader requires you to have strong leadership qualities and a sound understanding of the challenges faced by people exiting custody. Reporting to the Program Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day service delivery of OnTRACC, supervising a medium sized team to ensure quality client outcomes. This is a full-time position based from Corrimal or our newly refurbished office in Rockdale.
Who we are looking for We are most focused on finding someone with the right attitude who is flexible and a team player. You will also:
- Ethical, self-motivated and committed to helping others achieve their goals
- A minimum diploma level qualification in Community Services, Mental Health or a similar field
- Prior experience in a supervisory or leadership role
- Knowledge of the challenges faced by those leaving the prison system, and an interest and willingness to work with those presenting with high risk offence histories
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Capable of establishing and maintaining clear professional boundaries
- A strong sense of personal accountability and resilience
- A valid NSW Drivers’ License and the ability to obtain a First Aid Certificate, Criminal Record and Working with Children Check
What we can offer you
- Full time, fixed term 2 year contract (with likely extension)
- $71,000 to $75,000 + superannuation + generous salary packaging options
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Constant learning opportunities
- Access to our fleet cars
- Next to Rockdale train station and all day free parking along with great restaurants
ACSO embraces diversity within its workforce and as such encourages applications from appropriately qualified and skilled people from a range of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Island heritage
About the organisation
The Australian Community Support Organisation (ACSO) is a dynamic, values driven NFP, focused on partnering with Government and the community to co-design services that create real social change. We’re an organisation with a bold vision to create a safe and inclusive community freed of crime and prisons. It’s our goal to reduce re-offending and our mission is to help people transition from prison, assist them in the community, stop them from re-offending, and intervene to divert others from committing crime.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader, Casework Services (OnTRACC) via Pro Bono Australia.