About the Role
Organisation: Sydney Living Museums, Historic Houses Trust of NSW, Office of Environment and Heritage
Location: Development & Fundraising Team – Sydney CBD
Job Grade/Classification: Clerk Grade 5/6 – $102,010. Package includes salary ($83,403 – $92,026), employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading – full-time equivalent.
About the role
This role develops, builds and maintains effective relationships with existing and prospective donors, bequestors, foundations, trusts and corporate partners to grow and develop Sydney Living Museums’ philanthropic strategy delivered through annual philanthropic appeals, events and other fundraising activity.
Applying for the role
To apply you will need to submit the following:
- A current resume with two referees
- A covering letter 1-2 pages in length
- And respond to the 2 targeted questions (no more than 20 lines per answer). Your responses to the targeted questions should be submitted online during your application and not included in the covering letter.
Job notes: As a drivers’ licence is an essential requirement for this role you will be asked to provide a copy of your driving record if you are successful at the interview stage.
Employment Status: Temporary part-time (for a period up to 3 years/28 hours per week)
Contact: Mark McDaid on 02 8239 2321
Closing date: 11.59pm Thursday 27 September 2018
Sydney Living Museums welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities.
To be eligible for an ongoing role in the NSW Public Sector you need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident. For temporary and casual roles you need to hold a valid visa giving you permission to work in Australia as required by the role.
Essential requirements the role holder needs:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in a similar role.
- Current NSW driver’s licence.
- Flexibility to attend out of hours events related to the role including some weekends.
- Explain how you would engage members of the organisation to become donors to the organisation. What strategies would you use?
- Outline a recognition program for major gift donors to SLM where a major gift is categorised as $20,000 or more.
About the Organisation
Sydney Living Museums is a leading government agency in Australia with responsibility for conserving, managing, interpreting and activating places and sites of local, national and international significance. Established in 1980, our collection includes the UNESCO World Heritage listed Hyde Park Barracks, The Mint, Australia’s oldest surviving government building through to the twentieth century Rose Seidler House, which marks the arrival of the modernist movement to Australia. The collection is unlike other museums in that the significance of each is in the whole, and not just in the parts. The awareness of place frames each narrative. Our audiences are local, regional, national and international. Sydney Living Museums is a state cultural institution, reporting to the Minister for the Arts.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 8239 2321
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Development Officer via Pro Bono Australia.