About the Role
- Bring your DMEL experience into focus in this regional role
- Full-time, ongoing role – immediate start
The Pacific Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (DMEL) Coordinator will:
- Work directly with staff and partners in the Pacific to strengthen capacity in program quality and effectiveness, delivering projects which support the most marginalised people and deliver greatest impact.
- Provide targeted support, advice and training in program design and the development and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and learning frameworks to deliver programs which support our mission to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity.
- Lead the improvement of approaches to capturing and communicating the impact of our programs in the Pacific in alignment with the Integral Human Development (IHD) Framework and Pacific regional strategy
- Champion a culture of continuous improvement, learning and feedback ensuring that learnings are integrated into programs and that good practice is identified and shared.
- Lead the Pacific Protection Program, setting the direction for our work in protection in consultation with Pacific Group staff.
- Manage submissions and reporting to external donors and internal stakeholders.
- You have significant experience working in international development with a strong focus on design, monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- You have a deep understanding of the development context in the Pacific and ideally, experience working in the region.
- You are capable of managing programs in multiple countries and building capacity of staff and local partners, especially through local church organisations.
- You’re well equipped in program planning, reporting and financial management.
- You have a strong understanding of and willingness to work within the Catholic ethos.
About the Organisation
Caritas Australia is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development in Australia. Through effective relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, the Pacific and Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity. Our programs promote the good of every person and of the whole person, regardless of peoples, religious, political or cultural beliefs. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and architects of their own development.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : StephanieL@caritas.org.au
If you would like to play a major role in facilitating Caritas Australia’s program learning & effectiveness and help thousands of communities around the world have a better future, we would like to hear from you.
To apply for this job visit https://www.caritas.org.au/jobs and view the full Position Description.
Please send your application to email@example.com by 9am on 2 October 2018 using the subject line Pacific DMEL Coordinator application via ProBono.
Applications must specify residency or work visa status, include a CV, a cover letter, and responses to the Selection Criteria indicated in the referred Position Description.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT THE ADDRESSED SELECTION CRITERIA
For further information, please contact the hiring manager at StephanieL@caritas.org.au.
Caritas Australia is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Caritas Australia welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of children towards whom it has a special responsibility and duty of care and respect. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Record Check and a Working With Children Check.
Please quote in application: Pacific Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.