About the Role
- Innovative project focused on sustainable employment outcomes for young people
- Develop strong relationships with employers, jobactive and other service providers
- Sydney and Wollongong based roles, with mobile working arrangements
• Successful national program with recent expansion into NSW
• Values based organisation with a relentless belief in people and their potential
• Competitive salary package and salary packaging benefits
• Car allowance provided
The focus is on finding new employment pathways for the project’s participants, including generating potential new employers, work-related training, and volunteering opportunities. You will work alongside coaches to ensure pathways and opportunities you are seeking align with the individual needs of the project’s participants. Your management of relationships with jobactive providers will maximise opportunities for young people and benefits for the providers. Your responsibilities will include:
• Be the focal point of knowledge about local employers and industry sectors with high volumes of roles for young people and growing demand, including new major projects
• Build relationships with employers, employment services, government and non-government agencies that deliver value to project participants
• Develop strong links and work pathway opportunities with jobactive providers, vocational education providers and community organisations
• Work in collaboration with coaches by brokering connections with employers
As a business development professional, ideally you will have an understanding of employment services for young people, including jobactive, employment programs and training options across a variety of vocational sectors. Otherwise you have sales experience relating to vocational training, RTOs or youth services, creating pathways for young people around support services and community participation. You will have the following skills and experience:
• Proven ability to generate partnerships and positive working relationships
• An ability to work to targets and monitor performance against KPIs
• Excellent presentation and negotiation skills, including writing and submitting proposals
• A respectful approach and understanding of employment support agencies, especially jobactive
• Relationship development ability and qualifications/experience in education, training, youth or employment services
To learn more about the fantastic ‘Sticking Together’ project, click here
You must hold a current Australian driver’s license and have access to a fully comprehensively insured vehicle and be able to successfully complete a working with children check.
About the Organisation
SYC works nationally with young people to assist them in identifying and securing suitable and lasting employment. With a core purpose to positively affect the lives of people in need, last year SYC helped more than 61,000 people in the areas of home, wellbeing, learning and working.
Currently celebrating their 60th anniversary, SYC are proud to launch their Sticking Together Project in NSW after achieving success in Victoria, South Australia and Queensland. This project enables young people who are facing barriers to employment, to access intensive and individualised coaching over a 60 week period with the goal to gain and remain in work. Coaches work with young people to create independence, to develop employability skills and foster personal positive wellbeing.
Sticking Together Project works in collaboration with the jobactive network, employers and support services to ensure best outcomes for young people.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Relationship Manager via Pro Bono Australia.