About the Role
About the Organisation
- Work within a values based, progressive, Not for Profit organisation
- Support young people in overcoming mental health barriers
- Run engaging groups to impart independent living skills
Be a part of creating a fun, supportive, validating culture, and assist young people in their recovery through the use of authentic relationships.
“Full citizenship for all people living with a mental illness in Australian society”
About the Role
- Based in Moorabbin Youth Residential Recovery Service (YRR)
- Part Time (0.88 FTE)
- Maximum Term Contract until 30 June 2019 with possible extension
- 7 day rotating roster
Help young people ‘change the script’ and kick goals in their ‘adulting’, while being part of a dynamic and supportive small team. Lead the way with creative and evidence based approaches. No two days are the same, and every day is an opportunity to make a difference. We want people with personality and authentic warmth to support ‘recovery through relationship’ in this very rewarding role!
The Youth Residential Recovery Service is a 7 day a week service that supports the recovery of young people aged 16-25 experiencing mental health concerns within a safe and supportive residential environment. The program is aimed towards young people requiring intensive support to develop life skills and the confidence to progress to, or return to independent living.
- Provide direct support and rehabilitation to young people experiencing mental health concerns and complex issues within a therapeutic environment
- Facilitate engaging groups on life skills
- Work within a youth friendly, recovery and trauma based model
- Promote individual goals, strengths, choice and empowerment
- Engage consumers and develop trusting and professional relationships
- Work closely with clinical case managers and community partners to deliver the best possible comprehensive service to consumers
What will you bring to the role?
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- Relevant training in youth, mental health or community work
- Passion for working with young people
- Ability and willingness to work effectively as part of a team, to meet program goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of complex mental health and drug and alcohol issues.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the recovery model
- Current Working with Children Check
- Australian Working Rights
- Drivers licence
- Police check (refer to PD) – disclosable outcomes considered
- A Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check will be undertaken prior to commencement
About Neami National
Neami National is a community mental health service supporting people living with mental illness to improve their health, live independently and pursue a life based on their own strengths, values and goals.
In our most recent Staff Engagement Survey, 89% of our Staff recommend Neami as a great place to work, with 87% of staff proud to say they work for Neami.
“Neami’s been amazing for career development. I’ve gone through several different types of roles and positions. Over the last 11 years there have been so many opportunities to engage with, and the organisation really supports people to do that”
- Diverse and inclusive organisation
- Induction and extensive Learning and Development Program
- Regular Practice Development sessions and coaching with your supervisor
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
- Excellent conditions including paid parental leave, a monthly accrued day off, generous long service leave, wellness and gratis leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible working arrangements are available
- Pet friendly environment
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Aida Gogelyte, YRR Service Manager
Phone : (03) 8525 0777
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Rehabiliation and Support Worker – Moorabbin YRR via Pro Bono Australia.