About the Role
Contribute as part of the PSP management team, where the focus is on high quality work and accountable and collaborative outcomes for young people.
CatholicCare’s Permanency Support Program (PSP) has started on a new and exciting journey implementing Intensive Therapeutic Care (ITC) services on the Central Coast and in Sydney’s northern suburbs to support children and young people in our care who have experienced trauma and neglect.
Intensive Therapeutic Care provides an alternative to long term residential care, focusing on recovery from trauma, the achievement of positive life outcomes and a broad range of placement options for children and young people.
A new management role has been created to manage and lead a team of Case Managers, including Cultural Planning, and an Intake & Assessment Specialist; nurturing high quality work to deliver accountable and collaborative outcomes for children and young people; and helping to transition, establish and manage ITC services in the Diocese of Broken Bay.
As the Manager Casework your role might include:
- Strengths-based solutions focussed staff leadership and management
- Quality and proactive case management and review, and continuous improvement
- Financial management, administration, client records and reporting
- Effective stakeholder engagement and collaboration
- Safeguarding and risk management
To succeed you will need:
- Degree qualification in Social Work, Psychology or Social Welfare, including electives on trauma – preference will be given if you have electives and additional training in developmental trauma, statutory child protection or client interview and case management
- Minimum 4 years’ casework experience in out of home care and/or child protection
- At least 2 years’ experience successfully managing a team using contemporary approaches
- Sound experience in the management of budgets and care packages for vulnerable young people
- Thorough understanding of practical approaches to trauma informed care and application of therapeutic frameworks
- Knowledge or experience in Restoration, Preservation, Adoption and Guardianship
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Current NSW Working with Children Check
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Please contact us directly for more information.
Working at CatholicCare
We can offer you:
- An opportunity for the right people to work for a strength’s-based employer with low turnover, great work benefits, proactive self-care initiatives and in a great team environment making a difference to families, children and young people in the community.
- Regular reflective and practice supervision opportunities.
- Assistance with the development and review of plans to support your well-being.
- Access to inhouse and external training and learning opportunities.
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support.
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
- CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. The successful applicant will be required to comply with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
- All offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and successful applicants must provide a Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
- Strong youth engagement skills combined with high levels of professionalism, ethical behaviour and sound understanding of professional boundaries are a must for all members of our team.
If you feel you reflect our organisational values of Respect, Hope, Commitment, Professionalism, Excellence and Social Justice, and you would like to learn more about this or any of our other great roles, or about working with CatholicCare, please visit our website at www.catholiccaredbb.org.au/about-us/careers/
About the Organisation
We are the social care agency of the Catholic Church in the Diocese of Broken Bay.
Belonging to the larger network of Catholic Social Services Australia (CSSA), we provide services to 20,000+ children, young people, individuals and families on the NSW Central Coast, Northern Sydney and Northern Beaches, and have been doing so since 1987.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager Casework – Intensive Therapeutic Care (OOHC) via Pro Bono Australia.