About the Role
icare is currently seeking an experienced Social Investment Manager with a commercial mindset and a passion for social impact to join the icare team!
- 6-month initial opportunity
- Inspirational and aspirational organization and foundation
- Attractive remuneration package
We’re looking for an experienced individual to develop and assess potential social investments; this will ensure the icare Foundation invests its significant funds based on thorough analysis and information.
You’ll be working with a diverse mix of creative, curious and smart people who really care about making a difference for people and the NSW community. You will have a mind for getting things done and a heart for people and you will set the bar high through the quality of the work you do and the people-oriented decisions you make.
You’ll bring your significant experience with assessing requests for funding, helping social sector partners develop their ideas, and assessing project and investment related risks. You may have skills in program design and impact measurement, or in innovative social investment approaches. You’ll be comfortable working with socially focused start-ups, government agencies and not for profits. You’ll be highly collaborative, have outstanding communication skills, be a critical thinker, and also maintain the highest standards of professionalism in a fast-paced environment.
It’s an exciting workplace where no two days are the same. But on a typical day you might find yourself:
- Liaise with internal business partners to assess the strength of proposals and applications for funding, recommending whether they should be progressed to the executive or icare Board for approval;
- Working with icare stakeholders and external partners to better align potential investments with icare priorities and generating a recommendation report for review by icare leadership;
- Working with internal and external stakeholders (supported by specialist providers) to develop a robust program logic and evaluation framework so the investments are set up for successful social outcomes
- Contributing to major social investment calls through involvement in partner co-design and assessment activities;
- Progressing the foundations social innovation agenda, by supporting new and innovative ways to make social investments in socially focused start-ups, social enterprise and not for profit organisations.
We’re a new kind of organisation, one that’s as supportive and socially conscious as it is agile and explorative. Our DNA of commercial mind and social heart captures who we are at our core.
If you think you’re the right person for this role, send us your resume (up to 5 pages). Don’t delay as we’re assessing applications as they are received. We’d love to hear how your capabilities, achievements and experience set you apart.
We know our strength comes from the diversity of our people and so we want people with different experiences and backgrounds to apply. We recognise the importance of balance and flexibility and understand that it’s not a one size fits all approach, so we’d be happy to talk about and consider your specific needs.
If there are any accessibility adjustments you need to help you be able to apply for this role, or if you require any further information about the role, please contact Kerry Goode on (02) 9216 3060 for a chat.
Please note that you must be an Australian citizen, a permanent resident of Australia, a New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand Passport or a citizen of another country with a current visa that allows you to work in Australia for the duration of this temporary role.
- icare is the brand of Insurance & Care NSW
- For more information about icare visit our website
- icare operates a direct sourcing model so no agency introductions will be accepted
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : (02) 9216 3060
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Social Investment Manager via Pro Bono Australia.