About the Role
- Location: Frankston
- Full time
- Salary- $71,866.92- $75,118.73
The principle role of the Senior Youth Worker is to provide case management services to children and young people aged 12 – 24 years of age.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal communities and culture and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia
- An ability to work in a culturally respectful and competent manner with young people, their families and communities to ensure that cultural connections are fostered and maintained
- Experience working with vulnerable young people and ability to develop relationships and support Aboriginal young people to make positive choices and address issue arising
- A well-developed understanding of issues impacting on Aboriginal young people, particularly those who are in out of home care, homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills and ability to support young people to set goals and help them to obtain them
- Sound organizational and planning skills, ability to work independently and within a small team and maintain up to date case notes
- Ability to mentor other youth workers and experience in supporting young people through complex issues and crises
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with services and support young people to access services and supports as required
Application deadline is Sunday, 23rd December, 2018
About the Organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
If you like to be part of an Organization that strives in strengthening the safety and wellbeing and cultural connectedness of Aboriginal children, individuals and families in their community, we want to hear from you.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Youth Worker – Youth Team via Pro Bono Australia.