About the Role
We are seeking suitably qualified and experienced Music Teaching Artists to deliver classroom based sequential music programs to improve social, emotional and educational outcomes for children while inspiring and mentoring teachers to use music in their own classrooms.
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated alignment with The Song Room’s ethos, vision and values
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills, with demonstrated ability to build rapport, interact effectively at all levels of The Song Room, and build authentic, collaborative and productive relationships
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a growth mindset
- High level written and verbal communication skills with an ability to present complex information simply, clearly and succinctly to a range of audiences
- Demonstrated flexibility and an ability to adapt and operate effectively in a demanding and changing educational environment
- Previous experience in an Arts Learning role in either a Primary or Secondary School context
- Demonstrated innovation in Arts Learning
- Demonstrated ability in leading professional learning activities
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree in Music
- A postgraduate qualification in Education and current registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching is highly regarded
- A current Working with Children Check (WWCC)
To download the full Position Description go to www.songroom.org.au/about/employment.
About the Organisation
The Song Room is a nimble, entrepreneurial for-purpose organisation that levels the learning playing field for Australia’s most disadvantaged young people. It does this through the delivery of impactful, sustainable and scalable arts learning programs, delivered in partnership with schools across the country.
There is a growing global awareness of the value of the arts in education, and the efficacy of The Song Room’s impact on education outcomes for Australia’s most disadvantaged young people is well documented. With significant recent appointments at CEO and Board level, The Song Room is well positioned to continue its leading role in closing the education equity gap in Australia.
The Song Room now looks to the future with renewed strength to deliver programs that target the cycle of disadvantage in communities across Australia by lifting students’ academic performance, school attendance, social-emotional wellbeing and community involvement.
Apply for this Job
To apply, forward a Curriculum Vitae/Resume and a statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria to Howard Oorloff, Manager, People and Culture firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm 7 December 2018.
Interviews will take place 10 – 18 December 2018.
If you wish to discuss the position or have any questions, please contact Jen Clement on: 03 9521 3990 or via email email@example.com
NOTE: The Song Room is committed to child safety. We have zero tolerance of child abuse. Our robust human resources, recruitment and vetting practices are strictly adhered to during the application and interviewing process. Applicants should be aware that we carry out working with children, police records and reference checks (as we see fit) to ensure that we are recruiting the right people.
Please quote in application: Teaching Artists, Music – VICTORIA (Regional and Metro) via Pro Bono Australia.