About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Case Manager to join our team whom are committed advocates for women and their children affected by family violence. The position is based in a positive and professional team with strong leadership, focused on empowering women through intensive and individualised case management support in the Western region.
Applicants will be able to demonstrate:
• A sound understanding of the gendered nature of family violence and its impact on women and children.
• Knowledge of case management frameworks including strategies to produce effective outcomes for clients.
• Understanding of crisis intervention and management of clients with complex needs.
• Sound decision making and risk management skills.
• The ability to work collaboratively with internal and external services, and build strong working relationships.
• Integrity and respect for those affected by homelessness and /or family violence.
We provide excellent support and growth opportunities through coaching and training with a focus on developing your professional competence according to our Direct Practice Competency Framework. We also offer a competitive salary, flexible working arrangements and salary packaging.
A Working with Children Check (Employer Version) and a current driver’s license are mandatory. Salary is in accordance with the SCHADS Award Level 4.
HOSPITALITY COMPASSION JUSTICE COMMUNITY
McAuley Community Services for Women values diversity and encourages applications from all backgrounds. McAuley Community Services for Women is a child safe organisation, and upholds the Victorian Child Safe Standards.
About the Organisation
McAuley Community Services for Women, a ministry of the Institute of Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea, is committed to creating a world that enables women and children to participate in society on their own terms through innovative services, advocacy and a caring community… so poverty and homelessness can be eradicated.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Only applications addressing the Key Selection Criteria will be considered. For further information call Caddy on 9283 8932. Applications close on the 20th of December at 5pm and should be forwarded to email@example.com.
Please quote in application: Case Manager via Pro Bono Australia.