About the Role
Your Next Career Move
This newly created position of Chief Operating Officer (COO) will be part of the Executive team and report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The Junction Works is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable senior executive who has demonstrated capability in transforming teams, processes and services during a period of significant challenge and change (e.g. NDIS and NSW Government community reform).
Working with the CEO and Executive team, the COO will be instrumental in the implementation of structural change within the organisation with the primary purpose of delivering financial sustainability, enhanced service quality, managed growth within a commercially orientated environment and improved customer experiences. The COO will bring together the core internal services (disability, children, youth and community) with the corporate support functions of finance and administration under their leadership.
The successful applicant will possess the following skills, experience, knowledge and personal attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications (undergraduate and post-graduate) in one or more of social sciences, education, finance, general or business management.
- Minimum 7 years in senior executive, COO or CEO roles.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of strategic directions and priorities.
- Proven experience in the leadership of services within the human/community sector ( disability, community, children, youth, health)
- Experience in the commercial “for profit”/business sector
- Proven ability to implement process/systems change to drive efficiency, financial sustainability and enhanced customer outcomes.
- Advanced knowledge/experience in the disruptive change of the NDIS and other government community reforms.
- Proven record of achievement in developing, implementing and strengthening finance and administration processes.
- Previous experience of managing and leading teams of people across a range of functions.
- Demonstrated project management skills and the capability to assess and analyse problems/challenges and recommend/implement solutions.
- Has worked closely with “for purpose” Boards and understands the governance and compliance requirements of “not for profit” organisations.
- Driven by mission and purpose
- A high level of interpersonal and respectful relationship development skills.
- A considered decision maker who would bring an attention to detail with high levels of accuracy.
- Commitment to service excellence and customer outcomes.
- Strong listening skills matched with excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Strong presence, personal authenticity, energy and enthusiasm.
- Capable of working under pressure and managing a diverse workload.
- Adept at managing complexity and multiple deadlines.
- Prepared to question and challenge leadership, executive team as well as subordinates.
- A sense of humour during challenging and changing times
Attractive executive remuneration package on offer for the successful candidate.
Closing date for applications – 21st January 2019.
Ready for the next step in your career?
Join an organisation dedicated to enhancing the lives of people living with a disability – Apply Now
About the Organisation
About The Junction Works
The Junction Works is a not for profit, community-based organisation serving Sydney’s south-west since 1987. With its mission of ‘creating new possibilities in people’s lives’, The Junction Works focuses on delivering creative and enriching community, youth, children’s and disability services that are designed to improve the lives of some of the community’s most vulnerable people.
The organisation is committed to creating opportunities for growth, development and learning for all employees. The Junction Works actively seeks talented individuals and provides them with the chance to excel in their chosen field, resulting in a team of skilled, dedicated professionals.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 8777 0500
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Operating Officer via Pro Bono Australia.