About the Role
National Disability Services in the NT (NDS NT), Northern Territory Council of Social Service (NTCOSS) and Aboriginal Medical Services Alliance of the Northern Territory (AMSANT) are working with peak bodies, the Northern Territory Government and organisations across the broad NT human services industry to develop an Industry Plan.
The human services industry in the Northern Territory (NT) plays a vital role in the lives of Territorians. Access to high-quality human services contributes to the welfare of the community and underpins economic and social participation for Territorians.
In developing an Industry Plan, we can connect our human services industry to:
- Set a vision for the future of the NT human services industry;
- Unify and strengthen the industry to work together;
- Learn from the collective wisdom and innovation; and
- Continue to improve the experience of people who access human services.
The key output for the Project Lead will be the delivery of an industry led, Human Services Industry Plan (HSIP) that will provide a platform for the broad sector to recognise itself as an industry with a shared vision which will enable sustainability and growth into the future.
To do this, the Project Lead will coordinate the work of the project team (including one other Project Officer), and work closely with the HSIP Governance Group and HSIP Advisory Group to ensure the Industry Plan is developed and owned by the broader human services industry.
(The Project Lead is employed and based with NDS-NT and the Project Officer is employed and based with AMSANT.)
In developing an Industry Plan, the Project Lead will ensure that all of the human services industry is engaged and provided opportunities to contribute, through industry representation on the HSIP Advisory Group and a thorough, inclusive industry consultation process.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Lead the project team and work to a defined project plan, including a Communications Strategy, Risk Register, budgets and timelines. Engage and report to the HSIP Governance Group and the HSIP Advisory Group on project progress (including all secretariat functions). Ensure the NT Government funding agreement milestones are met, achieving results and project outcomes.
- Apply knowledge of human services industry strengths and challenges in a period of significant Commonwealth and Territory reforms, as well as rapidly developing social, economic and technological trends that are changing the industry’s landscape.
- Maintain collaborative relationships and networks with stakeholders across the NT human service industry to strengthen sector engagement in the Plan development and finalisation.
- Implement proactive communications to build engagement with the development of an Industry Plan and the HSIP consultations as per the Communication Strategy. Channels include website, social media and business communication.
- Consult heavily with industry various channels, including convening regional face-to-face industry consultation forums in five NT major centres; the collection of an online survey; and through direct consultation with industry representatives.
- With the HSIP Advisory Group, analyse and synthesise the industry feedback to capture the industry vision, strengths and industry’s key goals and areas of focus for inclusion in the Industry Plan. Write the draft industry plan, based on the consultation information received and industry research. Consult on this draft back with industry, adjust and seek final sign-off prior to preparing publication materials.
- Any other duties as directed by State Manager or HSIP Governance Group.
- Excellent stakeholder management, consultation and interpersonal skills, with the demonstrated ability to engage effectively with varied stakeholders to achieve results.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to prepare effective documentation and communications to reach a varied audience.
- Demonstrated project management skills and a proven track-record to deliver complex projects on budget within tight timelines and with limited supervision.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated understanding of the NT human services industry regarding industry composition, opportunities and challenges for service providers, and knowledge of relevant Commonwealth and NT Government policy and reforms.
- Independent travel capability, throughout the Northern Territory.
- Current productive working relationships and networks within the NT human services industry.
- A tertiary qualification in a discipline used within the human service industry, project management and/or business.
About the Organisation
NDS is the national industry association for disability services, representing over 900 non-government service providers. Collectively, our members operate several thousand services for Australians with all types of disability. NDS’s members range in size from small support groups to large multi-service organisations, and are located in every State and Territory across Australia.
NDS promotes the full inclusion of people with disability and this commitment is outlined in our Disability Action Plan (DAP).
Apply for this Job
Interested applicants should send a cover letter relating their experience to each of the Attributes above, together with current resume, to:
Human Resources Manager
Ph: (02) 9256 3104
Fax: (02) 9256 3123
Position specific enquiries:
Acting State Manager NT
Ph: (08) 8930 2804
Mb: 0438 025 575
Closing date is 18 January 2019
NDS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with disability.
Please quote in application: Project Lead NT Human Services Industry Plan via Pro Bono Australia.