About the Role
About the Opportunity
We are inviting applications from suitably qualified and dedicated professionals to join our Intensive Case Management (ICM) team as a Case Support Worker. This position is a fixed term contract for twelve months working 38 hours per week.
The ICM team provides medium to long term support for women and children experiencing complex challenges as a result of family violence. The Case Support Worker undertakes a range of administrative tasks organising daily priorities, which directly support the ICM Team. The role also requires you to make discretionary decisions in relation to observing and reporting behaviours of children and families in contact visits, and other activities where risk and safety are an issue.
Essential to your success will be:
- A Certificate IV Welfare and Community Services, or working towards a Tertiary Qualification in a human services field
- Basic understanding of family violence and theories that relate to family violence
- Competency with MS Office suite of programs
- Excellent organisational, administration and time-management skills
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to foster positive working relationships and capacity to work as a member of a team
- Well-developed verbal, interpersonal and written skills
- Knowledge of the SHIP database is desirable
What We Offer
- Flexible working hours including the option of monthly accrued day off (ADO) for full time staff
- Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
- Excellent Professional Development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS all staff training
- Health and wellbeing programs for all staff including weekly yoga classes, walk at work, bi-monthly staff shared lunch and birthday calendar
- Regular supervision and management support including access to EAP
- Internal committees (e.g. Innovation & Development and Quality and Safety) working groups to support staff’s interest and expertise (e.g. Diversity, Consumer Engagement, OHS, Children and Youth)
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
EDVOS hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 9am until 8pm and Saturday from 9am until 5pm. These positions would be expected to be available to work on a rotating roster across those hours of operation.
Salary for these positions will be aligned with SCHADS Level 3 + 9.5% super.
About the Organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Services (EDVOS) is a not-for-profit specialist family violence service in Melbourne’s eastern metropolitan region. We provide an integrated range of support and services to empower women and children who are responding to family violence. We operate within a human rights framework and our focus is on supporting the safety of women and children and the accountability of perpetrators.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9259 4200
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Support Worker via Pro Bono Australia.