About the Role
The Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Association ACT (ATODA) is the peak body representing and supporting the alcohol, tobacco and other drug (ATOD) sector in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). ATODA’s vision is an ACT community with the lowest possible levels of ATOD related harm, as a result of evidence-informed prevention, treatment and harm reduction policies and services.
Benefits & Culture
- Salary packaging and leave loading
- Additional end of year leave provision plus birthday leave
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible work practices
- Collegiate and engaging team environment
In this pivotal role, you be responsible for communication on behalf of ATODA and provide support on the development and implementation of a range of training and sector specific projects for the organisation.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Developing & distributing content for eBulletins & websites
- Maintaining and updating websites, mailing lists and procedural documents
- Project planning, scheduling and monitoring
- Collating background information to support project planning
- Managing and coordinating conferences , training and working group monthly meetings
- Drafting correspondence & preparation of agendas and briefs
This is a varied position that will require a genuine interest and commitment to the values of population health, human rights, social justice and reconciliation between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other Australians. It would suit a qualified communications and/or project specialist with experience working on a range of projects that have informed policy.
You will have;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with high attention to detail
- An ability to plan and manage multiple priorities to achieve project outcomes
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills, able to build and sustain good relationships
- Critical thinking skills, able to analyse, problem solve and exercise sound judgment
- Demonstrated ability working both independently and collaboratively
- Experience using WordPress, MailChimp and the Microsoft Office suite
If improving the health and well-being of the ACT community is important to you, then apply by submitting your resume together with a cover letter. For further information, please contact Emma Naglieri on 03 8319 4080.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
Please quote in application: Communications & Project Officer via Pro Bono Australia.