About the Role
Community Based Support (CBS) provide aged care, disability and carer support services across Tasmania. Their work enhances the quality of life for people who are aging or have a disability by providing the best quality support services to people in their own homes. The support is tailored to the individual person with a focus on empowering them to lead the life they choose. CBS also have an excellent range of programs specifically designed to support carers.
Benefits & Culture
- Five weeks annual leave; Full salary packaging
- Relocation package available
- Collegiate and engaging team environment
As part of the executive management team, position plays a key role in further developing operations and driving growth. Reporting to the CEO as part of ongoing change management processes you will deliver a financial improvement plan that enhances the financial systems to position CBS for the future. You will also lead a multi-functional corporate services team.
Specifically you will;
- Drive the strategic direction of the organisation as part of the management team
- Manage the organisation’s finances providing detailed reporting and financial advice
- Lead and inspire a multi – functional team across HR, Accounts, IT and Finance
- Collaborate with the CEO to deliver organisational change plan to adapt to markets
- Rebuild the chart of accounts including the cost centres and cost codes
- Educate and empower staff around independent financial management
- Drive commerciality and financial accountability across the organisation
You have a track record in senior financial leadership roles, with accounting qualifications including a CA or CPA and an interest in working with a community based organisation that has a hard working and down to earth culture.
Overall you will have;
- A maturity that comes from well – rounded experiences across a range of financial projects
- Good leadership and management skills, able to recognise potential and develop your team
- Commercial thinking and knowledge of how to apply it in a community sector organisation
- Excellent people skills with the ability to collaborate across an organisation to influence change
- An interest in business improvement through the development and innovation of systems
Hobart is a fantastic place to live and work, for a candidate who is looking for the exciting challenge of reinvigorating the corporate services and financial systems of CBS a relocation package is available.
Use your finance experience to drive change within CBS who provide aged care, disability and carer support to the people of Tasmania. Please apply by submitting your resume and covering letter or phone Emma Emma Naglieri on 03 8319 4080 for further information.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
Please quote in application: General Manager – Corporate Services via Pro Bono Australia.