About the Role
- Casual Opportunities
- Based in Bankstown
- Languages required: Cantonese, Greek, Mandarin, Macedonian, Vietnamese.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL MULTILINGUAL HUB
The Future Ability National Multilingual Information Hub will provide relevant, in-language information, advice and referrals for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities on disability and the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) through a national multilingual hotline and a website (clearing house).
As potentially the first point of contact for people with disability from CALD backgrounds the Multilingual Disability Hub Specialist will answer questions regarding the disability in general, the NDIS and available supports in the callers’ language. The callers will most likely be people with disability from CALD backgrounds, their families or carers.
Languages required: Cantonese, Greek, Mandarin, Macedonian, Vietnamese.
This role would sui t someone who enjoys helping people, has excellent communication and customer service skills and strong attention to detail. Successful candidates will also possess the following;
- Experience working in the community and disability sectors.
- Experience working in a call centre environment.
- Current and detailed knowledge of the NDIS and disability issues and supports available, including government and non-government services.
- Fluent in English and at least one community language.
- An understanding of the needs and issues affecting people with disability from CALD backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience working under pressure.
- High level administration and computer skills, including navigating (multilingual) and complex websites.
Please respond to the “Selection Criteria” section in your cover letter and complete attached expression of interest form.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
About the Organisation
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with all people who have experienced vulnerability, including refugees, people seeking asylum and culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Multilingual Disability Hub Specialist - Casual via Pro Bono Australia.