About the Role
LifeWorks are a relationship counselling and education service, delivering evidence based clinical services and education programs to individuals, groups or families being impacted by mental health issues in Melbourne’s South Eastern corridor.
Lifeworks philosophy is that they are committed to supporting our community through life’s challenges and transitions.
Benefits & Culture
- Salary packaging and additional end of year leave provision
- Professional development opportunities
- Newly renovated office location
Reporting to the Manager of the South & East Region, you will lead and supervise a small clinical team to deliver an a range of psychological services via the Accessible Psychological Interventions (API) program.
This program provides mental health and clinical services and counselling services and group psycho-education programs to low income earners and other vulnerable demographic groups.
Specifically you will be responsible for:
- Designing psychological treatment plans using evidence based best practice
- Mentoring and developing clinicians and providing case consultancy
- Actively managing referrals and allocating cases appropriately
- Managing and monitoring client care
- Developing and evaluating curriculum for psycho-education programs
- Developing and promoting the API program to the community and stakeholders
- Data collection and reporting for the South Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Network
You are a registered psychologist or an accredited mental health social worker with postgraduate studies in counselling or clinical practice.
As an experienced practitioner you will be keen to develop or learn new management skills. You enjoy mentoring and motivating teams and will manage your own client portfolio. You will have;
- Demonstrated case work experience in treatment, counselling and case formulation across a range of mental health conditions and presentations.
- Demonstrated experience in group psycho-education or therapeutic programs .e.g. family violence and crisis intervention
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment and capacity to work professionally, flexibly and in the best interests of clients
- A current driver’s licence is essential
If you passionate about mental health, innovative in your approach and want to build your management skills this position offers an experienced mental health professional outstanding career opportunities.
To apply, submit your resume and covering letter in MS Word format to email@example.com quoting #50607 or phone Anna Skeels on 03 8319 4070 for further information.
*National police check and Working with Children Check are mandatory.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
Please quote in application: API Program Lead via Pro Bono Australia.