About the Role
We’re Marie Stopes Australia, the leading national provider of sexual and reproductive health, and we’re looking for our next Clinical Nurse Educator in Melbourne.
You are passionate about women’s health and providing sexual and reproductive health support. You believe in clinical excellence and the importance of emotional intelligence. You’re available to travel interstate when required, and you’re familiar with the state of abortion legislation and environment in Australia, including the politics related to the empowerment of women.
What we want you to do:
- Promote staff development and education
- Provide safe patient outcomes in accordance with evidence based practice guidelines
- Lead Marie Stopes Australia’s internal clinical education and training
- Undertake a Training Needs Analysis of Marie Stopes Australia’s national clinical network as required
- Lead the supervision of clinical nurse orientation, and manage the performance and induction of new nursing staff
- Develop resources and lead team projects in line with National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards (NSQHSS) 2nd Edition.
What we need:
- A pro-choice advocate
- Current AHPRA Registration as a Registered Nurse
- 5 + years post graduate experience
- Advanced clinical and regulatory knowledge including the
- NSQHS and ACORN standards
- High level of clinical knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written & verbal)
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with clinical and executive staff
- Adherence to company values of Quality, Integrity,
- Sustainability and Courage
What we’d like to see (but aren’t essential):
- Post graduate qualifications in sexual and reproductive health
- Post graduate experience in the day surgery environment
- Experience using digital Learning Management Systems to design online learning
- High level written and computer skills; Microsoft Office
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or TAE40110 with the ability to upgrade to TAE40116
What we’re offering:
- Permanent Full Time
- Salary will be based on experience
- Negotiable for the right candidate
- Generous salary packaging (considerably reducing your tax)
- Central Location
About the Organisation
At Marie Stopes Australia we believe in children by choice, not chance. Our vision is to help all Australians take control of their sexual and reproductive health, and we can't do this without passionate and committed staff. We believe that diversity makes a better workplace, so we're an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for this Job
Marie Stopes Australia values a safe working environment. As part of our recruitment and selection process, potential candidates will be required to undertake a background check.
Please be aware that if your application is successful, a member of our team will be in contact with you.
Our National Support Centre provides crucial support and access to patients; please do not call it for information regarding job applications.
To be eligible for this position you must have an appropriate Australian work visa. Marie Stopes Australia does not provide work visa sponsorships.
To apply please click on the above button.
Please quote in application: Clinical Nurse Educator via Pro Bono Australia.