About the role
- Full time + ADO (optional)
- Located in Footscray
cohealth strives for equity and diversity in the workplace, and to promote a culture of opportunity. Through our services we seek to represent, connect and engage with our community. Working as part of cohealth you will enjoy a values based organisation with benefits including:
- A professional, committed workforce and highly supportive community
- Not for Profit Salary Sacrificing benefits on top of your salary
- Ongoing professional development in a caring environment
The Community Partnerships and Diversity program area comprises a range of functions linked to the development and implementation of cohealth’s human rights and community engagement/consumer participation frameworks. The Community Partnerships team aims to provide a coordinated connection between cohealth communities and the organisation. A key focus of cohealth’s strategic Plan is ensuring consumers and communities are active partners in shaping and delivering services through participatory mechanisms appropriate to their needs.
Key duties and responsibilities within this role will include:
- Managing and evolving cohealth’s Community Participation Register;
- Facilitating recruitment to community participation roles prioritising recruitment of underrepresented groups;
- Providing technical advice and support to directorate leaders and team members
- Providing support to our community members ensuring their role is clear, their views are heard and any risks are highlighted, mitigated and managed.
This position would be ideally suited to someone who has:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or demonstrated experience in community development, consumer participation/community engagement, health planning or promotion, or public health;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a role with skills and approaches demonstrably relevant to that of Community Engager;
- Detailed understanding of current trends in community engagement and development, consumer-directed healthcare, codesign, and rights-based practice within primary and community health service settings;
- Track record in effective management of programs involving peers or community members and with a focus on diverse communities; and
- Highly developed stakeholder relations and interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage people from a diverse range of professional and non-professional backgrounds as well as cultures and capabilities.
If you are a hard-working, reliable individual who enjoys interacting with the community and genuinely making a difference, please apply.
About the organisation
Who is cohealth?
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Engager via Pro Bono Australia.