About the role
- Join an organisation making a difference to the lives of children every day
- Based in Sydney CBD
- Immediate Start
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. We are currently seeking an Executive Assistant to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Head of Strategy and Philanthropy, Head of Marketing and Head of Communication and working with a dedicated and passionate team, this pivotal role provides executive administrative support, contributing to The Smith Family’s vision.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a well-rounded mid-level PA/EA to take the next step into their career in an organisation committed to making a difference. Your passion for the sector and strong EA administrative skills will see you thrive in this high energy role. A day in the life of our Executive Assistant might look like this, but every day can be different. Primarily, you will be responsible for:
- Effectively managing calendars for the Executive Managers;
- Providing meeting support, including effective record keeping and action planning;
- Coordinating key administration processes;
- Managing travel bookings and travel plans for Executive Managers; and
- Assisting with producing correspondence, presentations and providing support for a variety of projects and events.
It takes a special kind of person to be our Executive Assistant. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Demonstrated experience in executive level administration and support
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well with people right across the organisation
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Work, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent written communication skills with high attention to detail
- Problem solving – ability to quickly understand complex problems and develop workable solutions
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to make a difference and this sounds like your next role, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact us today by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.You may view the position description at Position Description link.
Closing date: Friday, 15 February 2019
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children’s Check. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Executive Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.