About the Role
- Be part of an organization that makes a difference
- Take your next career step
- Sydney, NSW or Melbourne, VIC
- Full Time Max Term (3 months)
The Smith Family is a national children’s education charity helping disadvantaged young Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves.
Reporting to the Program Analyst and working with a dedicated and passionate team, this pivotal role will help manage and deliver Work Inspiration. Work Inspiration is a career learning program connecting young people with inspiring work experience opportunities
A day in the life of a Work Inspiration Program Coordinator might look like this, but every day can be different. Primarily, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting Learning for Life Programs Coordinators to engage schools and implement Work Inspiration
- Monitor recruitment against targets and support Programs Coordinators where possible to achieve these
- Support Relationship Managers to engage Host Employers to run Work Inspiration
- Support Host Employers to develop and deliver their Work Inspiration events to ensure adherence to program elements.
- Report monthly against project plans to the Program Analyst
- Administration of program resources and student paperwork.
It takes a special kind of person to be our Work Inspiration Program Coordinator. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Experience in project coordination particularly in the social/community sector
- Ability to plan and schedule work independently to achieve identified project goals
- Well-developed organisation and time management skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills for liaising with internal and external people at all levels
- Flexible and adaptable and committed to continuous improvement
- Intermediate MSOffice skills
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to delivery strong performance outcomes.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 9085 7226
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to make a difference and this sounds like your next role, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact us today by sending your resume and cover letter to Jacqui.Taylor@thesmithfamily.com.au. For any other information, please contact Jacqui Taylor on 02 9085 7226.
Closing date: Thursday, 28th February 2019
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children’s Check. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
Please quote in application: Work Inspiration Program Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.