About the role
Queensland Positive People (QPP) is a peer-based community organisation that has been committed to improving the quality of life of all people living with HIV (PLHIV) across Queensland since 1989.
QPP seeks to create a safe and supportive environment where PLHIV are well informed, and empowered to lead optimistic, healthy lives free from stigma and discrimination, and have the capacity to determine their futures.
Uniquely, QPP is the only PLHIV organisation currently providing a completely peer based testing service staffed by trained community members. The organisation also provides access to a comprehensive range of other services that promote the health and well-being of PLHIV in Queensland, delivered in accordance with internationally recognised best practice.
Benefits & Culture
- Make a significant impact on the lives of people living with HIV
- Lead a passionate, highly committed team
- Competitive salary including the ability to salary package
In this time of improved health outcomes for Queenslanders living with HIV, it is opportune for QPP’s new CEO to benefit from the fourteen years of strong leadership of the outgoing CEO, and to have a significant impact on the future of the organisation.
You will continue the leadership and operational delivery of the current strategic plan to 2020, and you will work with the board to influence strategy ensuring QPP’s future, culture and continued achievement of organisational goals.
QPP is looking to increase its capacity in the direct provision of other services for PLHIV, including aged care. You will ensure the ongoing sustainability of the organisation, particularly in response to the changing face of HIV, through identifying opportunities for diversification of services and alternative funding sources, and developing and nurturing stakeholder relationships.
In addition to day to day leadership and management, you will:
- Oversee development of policy and legal matters by commissioning papers and responses
- Advocate to ensure PLHIV have a strong voice in health, welfare, legal and social policy
- Provide oversight of QPP’s involvement with World AIDS Day commemorations
- Ensure program, treatment and testing services are compliant
You have developed your executive career and reputation as an inspirational leader ideally in community focused sectors including HIV, LGBTI+, health, human rights, social justice or community law and housing. Alternatively you have a corporate background but have had a lived experience and you have a strong commitment to community. Your operational management skills are at the core of your success and you have a strong understanding of, and sensitivity to, contemporary issues faced by PLHIV.
Specifically you will also require:
- Demonstrated experience in strategic leadership and organisational or sector development
- Excellent political astuteness and advocacy skills
- Experience engaging and working collaboratively with key stakeholders to effect change
- Experience in the negotiation and management of government and non-government funding
- A track record in ensuring organisational governance, risk management and financial sustainability
If representing the PLHIV community is a career and personal goal, please click apply submitting your CV and cover letter in MS Word format addressing the skills required, or contact Louise Furlong on 07 5530 8066 to discuss your interest.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.