About the role
Purpose of Position
The position of Director, People and Culture, working closely with the CEO and Leadership Team is responsible supporting the strategic success of the RCH Foundation through the design, delivery and implementation of the Foundation’s People strategy. The position provides strategic and operational expertise to the CEO, Leadership Team and employees on all people related matters including performance and talent management, organisational design and development, engagement, reward and recognition, HR systems and reporting and change management. The Director, People and Culture will work towards ensuring there are the right tools in place to promote a positive, high performing workplace culture and ensuring the ongoing development and support of team members and leaders and emerging leader.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- A successful and proven record as a senior HR leader in a multi-disciplinary role in a not for profit/charitable environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, lead and implement a broad range of contemporary HR and organisational development strategies, programs, policies and operational practices to successfully support the strategic objectives of the business.
- A proven track record in either working as an executive or directly supporting the executive on people and culture strategies.
- Previous experience in managing change and the delivery of change management initiatives across the whole organisation.
- Proven track record in building and maintaining effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a broad range of people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- Degree level qualifications in Human Resources or in a related discipline.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The position is offered in the first instance as a three year contract part-time position. There will be a six month probationary period.
- There may be a requirement to work outside of normal hours on limited occasion for fundraising events and activities. Allowance is made for reasonable time-in-lieu. Flexible working hours and conditions are offered as is professional development.
- Competitive salary, inclusive of salary packaging, superannuation and leave loading.
About the organisation
The Royal Children’s Hospital Foundation
Founded in 1989, the RCH Foundation is the fundraising arm of The Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne, one of the world’s leading children’s hospitals. While a legally separate organisation, the RCH Foundation works very closely with the RCH to help achieve its vision.
Generous community support helps to sustain the hospital’s role as an international leader tackling some of the world's biggest health issues. To achieve this, the RCH Foundation supports a vast network of fundraisers and donors. Donated funds drive the hospital’s growth and are utilised for purposes of medical excellence. They support only the most innovative, life-changing programs and initiatives – that would otherwise not exist - in the areas of leadership, training, technology, equipment, research and patient and family-centred care.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Director, People and Culture via Pro Bono Australia.