About the Role
MYAN seeks a Policy and Advocacy Officer who will take a lead role in MYAN’s policy and advocacy work. This is a dynamic national role working across sectors, and with a diverse work program.
- Hours: 30.4-38 hours (4-5 days) per week (negotiable)
- Fixed Term
- Base Salary (SCHADS 6): $81,292 per annum pro rata (plus Super and access to Salary Packaging)
- Location: CMY Carlton Office
- Applications Close: Midday 12:00pm, Monday 1 April 2019
You will have:
- At least 3 years experience in social policy development, including an understanding of community development principles as they apply to policy development.
- Highly developed analytical skills in a complex policy environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal and written communication skills, including the ability to produce high standard written work for a variety of audiences (e.g. policy papers, submissions, reports, sector resources).
- Demonstrated skills and experience in managing and building effective relationships across various sectors. This includes the ability to motivate, influence and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders in the government and non-government sectors and with young people.
- An understanding of and sensitivity to the experiences of young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds in Australia, including key policy issues of significance to this population group.
For more information
- On MYAN, visit: https://myan.org.au/
- On the role, download the Position Description available here: http://www.cmy.net.au/careers
- Contact person for the role, Nadine Liddy –National Coordinator, MYAN on 0437 897 178
About the Organisation
Multicultural Youth Advocacy Network Australia (MYAN) is the national peak body representing the rights and interests of young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds – Australia’s national voice on multicultural youth issues. MYAN is auspiced and chaired by the Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY).
MYAN works in partnership with young people, government and non-government agencies at the state and national levels to support a consistent approach to addressing the rights and needs of young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds in policy and service delivery. MYAN facilitates a national approach to youth settlement through its broad networks and partners in each state and territory. MYAN also supports the development of young people’s leadership and advocacy skills through national youth events and a national Youth Ambassador’s Network.
Apply for this Job
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Policy and Advocacy Officer – MYAN (CMY152) via Pro Bono Australia.