About the role
- Full time Position
- Maximum term role until March 2021
- Based in Geelong
About the role
This position is responsible for the effective delivery of the Community Visitors Scheme in the Barwon region. The role sees trained volunteers visiting socially isolated people within their own home or aged care facility. CVS is a service Red Cross has delivered for over 20 years in the aged care setting, which is currently being delivered across two regions in Victoria, with a particular focus on the ‘Special Needs Groups’ defined by the Aged Care Act 1997.
The role will involve but not be limited to client intake and support, volunteer recruitment, training and management and service promotion of Community Visitors Scheme where volunteers visit socially isolated old er people.
What you will bring
- Strong affinity and experience with the target group of older persons living within the community and in receipt of packaged in-home care or residential care
- Ability to follow and implement organisational policies and contractual requirements
- Experience in establishing networks and building new relationships with external stakeholders
- Proven highly developed organisational and time management skills
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills including with people from a wide range of backgrounds
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work that you do will help improve outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
About the organisation
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Program Officer, Community Programs via Pro Bono Australia.