About the Role
- Senior role within a collaborative team
- Support schools working with refugee background students
- 4 days a week, ongoing position
The Schools Support Program works with primary and secondary schools to support staff in their work with students and families of a refugee background. The program develops and maintains relationships with teaching professionals whilst working collaboratively within existing program frameworks to implement capacity building and change processes. Our innovative program resource School’s In for Refugees: A whole-school approach to supporting students and families of refugee backgrounds (SIFR) supports schools and school-based professionals in their efforts to provide a high quality education to young people of refugee backgrounds. For more information about at the program click here: Foundation House Schools Support Program – Foundation House
About the role
Working with the Program Co-ordinator, the Senior Professional Learning Officer will co-ordinate the professional learning aspects of the program to deliver best practice, relevant professional learning to ensure consistent content and delivery. A collaborative work environment, working with the team and schools to build a supportive school culture that enhances educational outcomes for students from refugee backgrounds. We are offering a permanent, four day a week position, based in Brunswick, very accessible to public transport and with on-site parking.
- You are experienced in the development and delivery of professional learning, having worked collaboratively with teaching professionals in a school/education sector context
- You will be used to developing and managing content for professional learning through referencing current research and evidence utilising existing frameworks
- You will be an excellent communicator, having worked successfully with stakeholders within partnerships
- You will be a leader in your field,
- Knowledge of the issues facing refugee background families will inform your approach to this work
Salary and Benefits
Remuneration is based on our Enterprise Agreement 2014 up to $90,264 gross per annum pro rata. Benefits include generous salary packaging, leave loading, a range of flexible working options and a highly supportive team environment.
VFST is an equal opportunity employer.
VFST promotes the safety and well-being of children.
The right to live and work in Australia is an essential requirement of this role.
About the Organisation
About Foundation House
The Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture Inc. (VFST) provides a range of services to people in Victoria who have been subject to torture or other traumatic events prior to their arrival in Australia. This group includes refugees and asylum seekers. It is non-denominational, politically neutral and non-aligned.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9389 8937
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Professional Learning Officer via Pro Bono Australia.