About the Role
About the Opportunity
We are inviting applications from suitably qualified and dedicated professionals to the position of Specialist Family Violence Advocate, Intensive Case Management.
The Intensive Case Management team provides medium to long term support for women and children experiencing complex challenges as a result of family violence including supporting women and children referred to the Eastern Risk Assessment Management Panel (RAMP). These roles may be undertaken within the office environment or outreach and co-location settings.
The position will be offered as a full-time (38 hrs per week), 12 month fixed term contract.
Essential to your success will be:
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Diploma of Community Services or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience and skills in assessment and case planning with a focus on, risk assessment safety planning, managing caseload and client advocacy
- Knowledge of and commitment to feminist theory and practice
- Demonstrated understanding of trauma informed and strengths based practice
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the principles and practices of a specialist family violence service
- Demonstrated capacity to provide quality case management to a diverse range of community members including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women, young women, women who identify as LGBTIQ, women with disability and CALD women
- The ability to participate in planning, implementation and evaluation of programs
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with clients and other service providers
- Proven ability to function both independently and within a team environment
- Demonstrated self care, reflective practice and resilience
What We Offer
- Flexible working hours including the option of monthly accrued day off (ADO) for full time staff
- Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
- Excellent Professional Development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS all staff training
- Health and wellbeing programs for all staff including weekly yoga classes, walk at work, bi-monthly staff shared lunch and birthday calendar
- Regular supervision and management support including access to EAP
- Internal committees (e.g. Innovation & Development and Quality and Safety) working groups to support staff’s interest and expertise (e.g. Diversity, Consumer Engagement, OHS, Children and Youth)
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
EDVOS hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 9am until 8pm and Saturday from 9am until 5pm. These positions would be expected to be available to work on a rotating roster across those hours of operation.
Salary for these positions will be aligned with SCHADS Level 5 + 9.5% super.
About the Organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Services (EDVOS) is a not-for-profit specialist family violence service in Melbourne’s eastern metropolitan region. We provide an integrated range of support and services to empower women and children who are responding to family violence. We operate within a human rights framework and our focus is on supporting the safety of women and children and the accountability of perpetrators.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Please visit www.edvos.org.au to download a copy of the position description for the vacancies. For further information regarding the positions please contact Kym - Team Leader, ICM on 9259 4200.
Applications including cover letter, CV and a separate document addressing the key selection criteria (as outlined in the PD) should be forwarded to email@example.com using the subject line: ‘Specialist Family Violence Advocate, ICM’, by COB Friday March 29 2019.
Appointments with EDVOS are subject to a police records check, working with children check and reference checks. EDVOS employ women only to most of our positions as per the findings of EEO exemption H327/2017 and by special measure. EDVOS values diversity in our workforce, actively promoting equal employment opportunities for all women. We encourage applications from women of all abilities and women from diverse backgrounds. EDVOS is a child-focussed and child safe organisation.
Please quote in application: Specialist Family Violence Advocate, Intensive Case Management via Pro Bono Australia.