About the role
Join our Team to make a difference to the lives of Aboriginal Children and Families
- Full Time
- $65,300 – 77,600
The case worker will be required to provide holistic, culturally safe, trauma-informed and strengths-based casework support for Aboriginal families with complex needs who are referred to the program, including case planning, service coordination and direct services. This position will work jointly with the therapeutic specialist in delivering therapeutic service responses.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture
- A sound understanding of Aboriginal culture, values, protocols, inter-generational factors and complex kinship systems, as well as the issues facing vulnerable Aboriginal families that may impact on their capacity to ensure the safety and wellbeing of their children, and a demonstrated capacity to work in a culturally competent, sensitive and respectful manner.
- A clear understanding of child and adolescent development, trauma, attachment, child abuse and neglect, with good knowledge of the services and interventions.
About the organisation
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly overrepresented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote,
advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
If you like to be part of an Organization that strives in strengthening the safety and wellbeing and cultural connectedness of Aboriginal children, individuals and families in their community, we want to hear from you.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Stronger Families and Restorations Senior Caseworker x2 via Pro Bono Australia.